What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been turning mine off between hives & find that the battery loses power pretty fast.
Isn’t it a bit early for vaping? I thought the broodless period is in December. What’s leading you to all do it at the moment?

I’ve been turning mine off between hives & find that the battery loses power pretty fast.
I used about 14ah to do the 54 colonies but put the InstantVap in my insulated case between apiaries. This kept the temperature at about 150deg which meant I used less power to get back to the 230deg.

Attachments

• IMG_3290.jpeg
    IMG_3290.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
12.5k boxes on line for nearly thirty quid
Rough price is £16-18 but delivery for such a heavy item makes it a poor deal at £27-30. I managed to get it down to £16.40 at a 40-box rate. Company is a national bakers' supplier with a min. charge of £250. Twenty minutes drive from an apiary, so I can collect.

bit early for vaping?
Not if it's the main treatment, 3 times at 5-day intervals to catch the max. Winter is a one-off to get mites on bees in the absence of brood (learned from Pargyle that 'phoretic' is no longer the correct term, but cannot recall the new.

Rough price is £16-18 but delivery for such a heavy item makes it a poor deal at £27-30. I managed to get it down to £16.40 at a 40-box rate. Company is a national bakers' supplier with a min. charge of £250. Twenty minutes drive from an apiary, so I can collect.
Is the £16.40 when you collect or is the 250 for free delivery

Latest posts

Back