What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked on some mini mating nucs for stores by the look of the inspection sheets some have brood and will need some fondant over the next week .
No flying bees for a while can’t wait to watch them coming out and splattering poop over the neibours car and ours.😂 happy new year!

I suppose nearest neighbours could be three miles away, but still be neighbours 😂

Bit concerned about one of the colonies. All four out flying today between downpours, noticed that one of the hives,the fondant hasn't been touched or any bees flying for about a week. Very strong colony going into winter, unless they are just cwtched up and not venturing out!!!!

the fondant hasn't been touched or any bees flying for about a week. Very strong colony going into winter, unless they are just cwtched up and not venturing out
it happens, some bees don't touch the fondant unless they really need it, some bees really do just cwtsh in until it gets significantly warmer

Doing my rounds today, feeding,hefting etc.

Photo of one of my grafted 2023 amms colony’s
Wintering in a mini nuc .
IMG_2094.jpeg
She is the daughter of one of John gettys queens .
I had 4 of his queens in 2021 and only one was good enough to rear from the others had chalk brood .

Doing my rounds today, feeding,hefting etc.

Photo of one of my grafted 2023 amms colony’s
Wintering in a mini nuc .
View attachment 38522
She is the daughter of one of John gettys queens .
I had 4 of his queens in 2021 and only one was good enough to rear from the others had chalk brood .
What kind of mini nuc is that?

Latest posts

Back