What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c76279833375e6183029641fdeea63f8.jpg

Not today but over the last few weeks.
Doubled in size and no more bloody weeds :)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

nice job. is the milk tanker for all the honey your going to produce there?

No it's water storage for the farm. Just hope it never bursts haha.

Err no. Lol. My out apiaries are not like that.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Very nice Apiary with plenty of space between hives. There is only one thing, the gate at the far end, don't forget to put up a sign warning people to close it behind them. You wouldn't want those bees getting out would you!!!:biggrinjester::iamwithstupid::willy_nilly:bee-smillie

"you have no control over the drones your virgin will mate with."

I agree, she may mate with drones from F1 queens and really screw your breeding plans up!

Checked both apiaries today, all three hives made it through Winter :hurray:

All were bringing in pollen, & each had half a tub of fondant left.
I'll check back next week.

Happy bunny. :)

Plus ordered wood to make a new double hive stand.

Took two nadired shallows off and changed the floors on those.
Took fondant off one
Lots of pollen going into them all at last.

Took two nadired shallows off and changed the floors on those.
Took fondant off one
Lots of pollen going into them all at last.

I was going to change the cover boards on our two of ours I have here in the garden, but decided it might be a little too cold.

I was going to change the cover boards on our two of ours I have here in the garden, but decided it might be a little too cold.
changing to your new see through ones? I'm surprised it's cold there - it has been a beautiful sunny day here with temp of 13C

Collected three 2400x1200mm 50mm celotex - used - to make more hive cosies...in bits :)

White pollen, orange pollen, red pollen, "dirty" yellow pollen..Sunny, about 16 celsius. Meadow full of bees.. I could make inspections, but delayed due to other jobs I unfortunatelly have.. But maybe better to leave them in peace when work so hard..

up No2 bee shed and cleaned most of the queen excluders (still a few left due to an aching back) called SWMBO outside to see an amusing sight - a cuddly dog toy discarded last winter ended up in a bucket of stuff due for the rubbish but forgotten about in a corner of the garden, bucket now full of water and the head of sad topy now makes an ideal absorbent 'drinking island' for the bees, even though it's pretty cold today it was covered in bees.

0C overnight - third in a row and dull , windy and no more than 6C.

Interesting to see few bees flying except two hives - with AMM mongrels...a kind donation from Assoc members after my AFB last year.. flying quite strongly. (both are bad tempered judging by the stings!)

Back