What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI my name is jonny and i am from Romania,I want to make exchange of experience online, if anyone's interested, and I have many questions.
1 what is the price of honey in uk?
2 How many types of honey do you have in uk,and other questions
Is enyone interested?
Just post your questions hear or join in the live chat in the evenings we will be more than welcome to help you

All doing well??

Been around to all 4 apiaries this afternoon, all colonies are looking good, a few taking fondant and getting light but hopfully undercontrol. Was concerned about a colony that went into winter weaker than I would have liked but seems to now be through the worst.
Lots of orange and off white pollen going in to all colonies so hopefully new brood raising taking place. Been asked to put more hives in one apairy by the farmer so thats good, he wants more honey for his farm shop, and you can't get more local than from his own farm land.bee-smillie

HI my name is jonny and i am from Romania,I want to make exchange of experience online, if anyone's interested, and I have many questions.
1 what is the price of honey in uk?
2 How many types of honey do you have in uk,and other questions
Is enyone interested?

:nono::spam::rules::ban::adminpower:

Went to the association’s apiary and stood and watched a friends hive flying big time very happy it was a small colony and needed a bit of tlc to get this far and its looking good right now. The hive I have been asked to look after this year was also flying so a good time to introduce my self as it’s the first time I have seen them. (a moon walking smile would be great right now)

Rolled a nice new shed off a trailer onto the slabs at one of my apiary sites.

Did get some funny looks as we had the assembled shed on the trailer. :driving:

Transferred some stock ;) from the garage to this nice new shed. :sifone:

Went out to see if I could see any bees today, bloody brilliant, lots of bees in and out bringing white pollen in, leg full of the stuff. :)

Still a bit cold around here - the odd bee going back and fore from all the hives and some dead scatterd around the landing boards. Cut up some timber to edge some crown boards I'm making.

Last edited:
Started to assemble a WBC 14 x 12 Brood Box.
Is it OK to remove the mouse guards yet? On a good day the bees are SO busy it gets in their way. I don't want to damage any of them.:(
Put a brick under my WBC close by one of the legs that look to be rotten at the top, and splaying out, just until I can replace the floor.

Checked one of Association apiaries and the overwintered nucs. All alive. Added fondant. Pollen going in.

Started to assemble a WBC 14 x 12 Brood Box.
Is it OK to remove the mouse guards yet? On a good day the bees are SO busy it gets in their way. I don't want to damage any of them.:(
Put a brick under my WBC close by one of the legs that look to be rotten at the top, and splaying out, just until I can replace the floor.

I wouldn't remove mouse guards until end of March or beginning of April, mouse guards don't damage bees.

Chris

Found one dead colony to day at my main site,the other hives were flying and pollen was going in. At an out apiary found one more dead out, the other four hives were out and about in large numbers but no sign of them collecting pollen.

Both dead outs were expected as they were small colonies going into winter, chose to give them a chance rather than unite them, sadly it did not work out.

Checked all 5 hives on 2 sites, all bringing in pollen, 11c portsmouth. One light poped a little bit of fondant on.

saw my first bumblebee of the year

:sifone:

Both hives out and about and bringing in pollen, having a quick look round I could see them in my and neighbours gardens visiting the snowdrops.

Regards
CD

Bees plastering the winter heather
Busy on the wall flowers too
Snowdrops flowering but not spotted the bees on them yet
Off white pollen from heather And some yellow going in
Maybe yellow from snowdrops and wallflowers?

Went fishing
Someone has an apiary the other side of the river to the lake (Creunant), when I sat down for a cup of tea, one of the bees came over for a nose, mooched around me and my sandwiches for a while then landed on my hand for a bit of a sunbathe - lovely dark bee she was.

I wonder what she was trying to convey to you..........

Latest posts

Back