What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No name calling from me. Feel free to check.

Bye now[emoji112][emoji112][emoji112]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do the bees not dislike the fleecy material?

In black? :paparazzi:

I have a couple of black ones and the bees don't seem to bother as they are usually under the cuff so can't really be seen but I have white, pink and blue ones as well .. I have a fitbit and put one over the fitbit to protect it when I'm doing mucky jobs or gardening... for a quid a throw I find them really useful.

No they stick to it and get angry..

The ones on ebay are really not fleecy ... more like cheap towelling .. the bees don't stick to them .. I've never had a problem with them.

You must have had experience with the far more expensive Belgian lace lined Duchy of Cornwall handmade pure sheepskin variety ...

Not my cheap chinese semi-disposables ...

The ones on ebay are really not fleecy ... more like cheap towelling .. the bees don't stick to them .. I've never had a problem with them.

You must have had experience with the far more expensive Belgian lace lined Duchy of Cornwall handmade pure sheepskin variety ...

Used them for a short time under the cuff when dealing with tetchy bees and when I had leather watch straps. The Duchy of Cornwall golden fleece ones are expensive LOL.

Just buy a pair of gauntlets - most suppliers make them, I got mine from sherriff as the material is extra thick. Elastic fits snugly around the wrist and also gives extra protection to the forearms. They will last for years

https://www.bjsherriff.co.uk/product/gauntlets/

I also use these. Never had a bee get into them, despite some really trying very hard to get under the elastic. Peace of mind for when gloves pop off the suit wrists.

Oh, my apologies -

you just head straight for the personal attack and nasty little insults.

Enough.

You are so rude to people on here. I just called you on it.

“Gauntlets man not gloves” the tone implied that you wanted to write FFS on the end. I don’t care I just think there are too many rude old members on here quick to jump down people throats for the slightest little thing. No wonder people join this forum start interacting then disappear.

There is too much petty sh*t like this on here. Leave the thread to get back on topic now. Go and get some sunshine and put away your keyboard.

Enough.

You are so rude to people on here. I just called you on it.

“Gauntlets man not gloves” the tone implied that you wanted to write FFS on the end. I don’t care I just think there are too many rude old members on here quick to jump down people throats for the slightest little thing. No wonder people join this forum start interacting then disappear.

There is too much petty sh*t like this on here. Leave the thread to get back on topic now. Go and get some sunshine and put away your keyboard.

I'll help you
go to 'User CP>settings and options (third one down)>edit ignore list (fifth one down)

then go away - you annoying little man

too many petty little proffesional offence takers on here

I'll help you

go to 'User CP>settings and options (third one down)>edit ignore list (fifth one down)

then go away - you annoying little man

too many petty little proffesional offence takers on here

Only one F and two S’s.

FFS

You senile old man. Just put autocorrect on

This must be where i am going wrong..not to worry back to the drawing board..

https://www.lakelandleather.co.uk/brathay-sheepskin-gloves-in-camel

So, back to the Apiary.

I didn't do anything. It was raining lots this afternoon and was busy in the morning.

Busy collecting a load of beekeeping kit!

A lovely guy local to me is having to give up beekeeping due to a bad back. So, in a generous deal, I bought my first extractor from him. Up til now, I've been borrowing either my brother's second-hand manual one, or the association's electric one. Both require time and planning to go pick up (if available when I want it), using and returning in quick time.

Am now the happy owner of a Thornes heavy-duty 9-frame radial electric spinner, a Thornes thermostatic heated uncapping tray and a warming cabinet. Plus loads of plastic tubs, and an uncapping tool.

Now looking forward to extracting :)

Happy days.

So, back to the Apiary.

I didn't do anything. It was raining lots this afternoon and was busy in the morning.

A lovely guy local to me is having to give up beekeeping due to a bad back. So, in a generous deal, I bought my first extractor from him. Up til now, I've been borrowing either my brother's second-hand manual one, or the association's electric one. Both require time and planning to go pick up (if available when I want it), using and returning in quick time.

Am now the happy owner of a Thornes heavy-duty 9-frame radial electric spinner, a Thornes thermostatic heated uncapping tray and a warming cabinet. Plus loads of plastic tubs, and an uncapping tool.

Happy days.

Lucky you!

I have 2 hives I'm keeping a close eye on. They have requeened twice now, as soon as the queen starts laying, queen cells are made. May need to change the genetics.

So, back to the Apiary.

Happy days.

Brilliant stuff life will be so much easier now.. i wish i had a brother like that minus the bad back..

Latest posts

Back