weight of honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why?

Fill a pound jar with water and decant into a measuring jug... then simple arithmetic.

PH

Last edited:
'cos I have ordered a 20LTR honey bucket and wondered how much it would hold.
May need another if I extract a lot of honey, but not sure.

Try 1.36kg, which is the accepted typical SG for honey, which will depend on water content mainly. So certainly not 3.5 pounds.

Try 1.36kg, which is the accepted typical SG for honey, which will depend on water content mainly. So certainly not 3.5 pounds.

2.992 lb is "around" about the same ballpark as 3.5 lb in my language.

as 3.5 lb in my language

That would be Welsh, would it? Are they (pounds) different that side of the island? Like the US, exagerate everything except their gallons?

To the nearest ten pounds in his bucket might not be close enough. I would likely go for 1.4kg per litre, myself, as that is more than precise enough.

I most certainly cannot get 35 pounds of honey in a nominal ten litre bucket

The density of honey is c 1.45 - 1.39 g/cm3 @ 20˚C (water content 13 - 21%). So 1.42 is a good figure for this calculation...3.13 lb to the litre space in the bucket...

And that's Scots pounds by birth, English/Scots blend by genes and Welsh by choice of abode ;)

roughly what would you be getting per frame weight and volume wise and how many frames will you be extracting at a time maybe you could work out from that if the bucket would do or if you need another

Latest posts

Back