Weather Blamed For Honey Shortage

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"It's very hard to fly when you are being hit by raindrops."

:iagree:
:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

especially when you are so tiny!

I never noticed always like this in south wales I think England has had a bit of Welsh Weather this year,makes you enjoy the sunny day more lol

Experts have warned

Aren't we all glad there are those 'experts' to work that out for us. Whoever could have guessed otherwise!

Experts have warned

Aren't we all glad there are those 'experts' to work that out for us. Whoever could have guessed otherwise!

They've probably got degrees in "Stating the bleeding obvious"

and don't forget the definition of an expert

Ex = A ‘has been’

Spurt = A ‘drip under pressure’

:laughing-smiley-014

Well now you can jack your honey prices up and say did you not read it was on Sky news theres a honey shortage ;)

Seems to be at odds with our experience. Yes, flying opportunities have been curtailed, but when they are flying, the flows are stupendous. We got our biggest OSR crop ever (OK biggest in 4 years), and inspecting yesterday, the hives are groaning with honey. We are still adding supers as the lime is pouring in.

Biggest honey crop I have had in three years! Ssssshhhhhhhh

Ditto - First year I have extracted twice - and the bees still have a super each...

"It's very hard to fly when you are being hit by raindrops."

:iagree:
:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

especially when you are so tiny!

Don't see the problem, BA always keep me dry when I'm flying!:):leaving:

Some will have a decent harvest and others will have a poor harvest. It still depends where you live and same applies to the terrible weather, more terrible for some than others.

Latest posts

Back