Wax freshness

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i say inherited.....he's still around to ask;)

it has no chemicals in it whatsoever so should be fine i guess....wonder if mebbe ill make up a super frame of it and try it out when the flow starts. im in no particular rush to use it...just keen not to waste it

That said I've no idea what those treatments might or might not be,

It is not fair to rise up " unknown fears" from everything what comes into mind.

As far as I know, there were no fat soluble contaminations which may be in 25 year old wax.

Varroa handling added fat soluble contamination of Apistan stuffs about 10 years ago.

finman is correct, in fact when my father was beekeeping there was no varroa in the uk as far as i know. almost all treatments were by observation and destruction of areas of concern. Harsh but no doubt effective.

Buckets of water may well work but possibly hair driers might be better for the frames?

25 year old wax should be fine.

If there are matters to be concerned with it's more in the direction of the quality of some foundation.

PH

Buckets of water may well work but possibly hair driers might be better for the frames?

Hair dryers are more difficult to control the heat. You get a hot spot for leaving it in one spot 2 long and the foundation warps.

Water is more even and you know the temperature.

W

Latest posts

Back