Wasp sting leaves dad paralysed

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered that - surely they could have at least used a UK wasp...Sad story though - makes you realise the risks of shock...

they went to Getty Images and did a search for wasp photo and that what it came back with.

paper wasps. spiteful little buggers. really fast.

my first hit off one this year was back in march - warm spell and doing some fencing with top off - went to get something from trailer and bang.

believe me they're paper wasps in the picture. aside from appearance the exposed comb is a giveaway.

DOI: both our roof tiles and soft fruit orchard are teeming with nests in summer.

paper wasps. spiteful little buggers. really fast.

my first hit off one this year was back in march - warm spell and doing some fencing with top off - went to get something from trailer and bang.

:iagree:
nasty little beggars.:eek:

believe me they're paper wasps in the picture. aside from appearance the exposed comb is a giveaway.

DOI: both our roof tiles and soft fruit orchard are teeming with nests in summer.

Must be a small roof if you only have two roof tiles!;)

Definitely Polistes dominula (European paper wasp). Rare to find paper wasps in the UK though. Only ever encountered 1 colony of paper wasps in 12 years of research.

Very sad case. There are about 1,000 anaphylaxis hospitalisations each year so whilst the paralysis resulting from the brain damage suffered is rare, death is actually more common (approx 12 per annum). In truth, they are still favourable odds, i.e. roughly 99 out of 100 people hospitalised for anaphylaxis survive. It's Kounis which is more of a concern.

Kind regards,

Karol

Definitely Polistes dominula (European paper wasp). Rare to find paper wasps in the UK though. Only ever encountered 1 colony of paper wasps in 12 years of research.

Very sad case. There are about 1,000 anaphylaxis hospitalisations each year so whilst the paralysis resulting from the brain damage suffered is rare, death is actually more common (approx 12 per annum). In truth, they are still favourable odds, i.e. roughly 99 out of 100 people hospitalised for anaphylaxis survive. It's Kounis which is more of a concern.

Kind regards,

Karol

pedant.
roof tiles and orchard are both..............

bee-keeping forum, not wasp lovers forum

bee-keeping forum, not wasp lovers forum

Andy.
A few members have reported your post above.
Karol has been very helpful on the forum with regards to advice about wasps,and a reply like this is not needed.

Last edited:

Kind regards,

Karol

:biggrinjester:

Latest posts

Back