Warming cabinet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herefordshirehoney

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
3 poly langstroths
Does anyone use the t****es warming cabinet with success particularly with OSR. It's the max id spend really but doesnt seem to be anything around the price range on the market that's premade ready to go out of the box so to speak.

I was planning on making one but physically am running out of time and need to spend my time extracting the honey and then processing it.

Does anyone use the t****es warming cabinet with success particularly with OSR. It's the max id spend really but doesnt seem to be anything around the price range on the market that's premade ready to go out of the box so to speak.

I was planning on making one but physically am running out of time and need to spend my time extracting the honey and then processing it.

Put it in the oven at 40.

Dont want to have issues with HMF plus i've not got a digital dial on my oven so would be hard to tell exactly what temp the fan oven is without messing about.

I made a temporary, and very Heath Robinson, warming cabinet last year using poly Lang boxes. Have you got any spare ones?

A 40W bulb at the bottom, to one side. (In a light fitting on a batten, covered by an old wire lampshade frame with a piece of cloth draped over it in case of spills. Cable to the outside with an on/off switch. - You could use a small table lamp +40W bulb if you can spare three supers to get the height above the bulb?). Some (washed) clay flowerpots supporting battens to stand the honey on - which also kept it away from the bulb. (could maybe rest battens on the frame rests?) A cheap thermometer at the top underneath a piece of acrylic, so I could see it without opening the box. A thick piece of kingspan over the lot.

An old fridge and some 60w tubular heaters takes about half an hour to rig up into a decent warming cabinet (a cheapo thermostat off fleabay finishes the job to perfection.

I use the th@rne heating element in a box made from celotex, taped together. Melts OSR with no problem. Wax also.

Better at 50C. Actually, I use my 30 year old wine making fermentation heating mat and wrap a towel around to get more heat to clear if needed. Dual purpose function!!!!

I've ordered a sheet of 50mm 2.4m x 1.2m recticel insulation from the local builders merchant delivered so just need to work out what size to cut it down to, probably enough for 4 buckets im thinking, but I also have a plastic 80kg tank that i'm think If I turn it on the side need to make sure that will fit.

Havent worked out the other equipment yet thermostat etc, but may just get the th**nes ecostat direct from ecostat one as its 100watts - £76 seems a lot of money now but it'll pay off in the longrun.

I use the ecostat 100 watt one it works a treat. I picked up another new one off eBay as well.

I use the ecostat 100 watt one it works a treat. I picked up another new one off eBay as well.

Did you buy the 100 egg warmer model or the specific honey warmer one? I phoned ecostat and they tell me its calibrated differently not sure how though.

They are the same thing. The first one I bought had a honey warmer label over the chicken egg incubator lol. It really makes no difference as there are no actual temperature numbers on the dial. I have marked my dial now.

Latest posts

Back