Very dry weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in Cornwall, the chances of two weeks of dry weather are slim to none but I don't care because on two hives I have a total of five full supers, I have three ponds in my garden for water and a wild flower meadow. I know that doesn't help anyone but I feel very good about it.

:sunning::party:

Here in Cornwall, the chances of two weeks of dry weather are slim to none but I don't care because on two hives I have a total of five full supers, I have three ponds in my garden for water and a wild flower meadow. I know that doesn't help anyone but I feel very good about it.

If you feel good, I feel good, which makes my wife and my dog happy. Look at the happiness you've spread just by posting a couple of sentences...beautifully written as they were

No rain forecast for the south of England next week, with temperatures up around 30 degrees

Thank god for my well and the pump I bought. Worth every penny. Unwatered ground rock hard.
E

Thank god for my well and the pump I bought. Worth every penny. Unwatered ground rock hard.
E

Yes, I've just started to water the shrubs in the beds to make sure they don't dry. East Kent hasn't had any real rain for 4 to 6 weeks I think.

One days rain before next week's hot weather would be ideal, but is looking unlikely at the moment.

No rain for ages here and none in the longer range forecast. Brambles already going over. Really disappointing after such a good Spring flow - supers left on as I reckon the bees will be using it...
Real shame!

Maybe they’re storing water not nectar !

A couple of nights rain this week in N Wilts yet the ground is cracking on clay ground and the veg plot has cracks appearing around the potatoes which makes it rather tough to hoe up the ridges
Grass still green but it’s starting to wither in places which suggests the groundwater is dropping slightly
Bramble out in full flower suggests a hot summer OR a repeat of last year. Best get the bee feed ready is my suggestion to all Beekeepers

KR
Somerford

Location Location location...
No rain for weeks but just adding 4th supers to some hives. Not sure what they are on..although 20 acres of field beans about 1/2 a mile away.:ohthedrama:

Bramble just started and giving a decent flow. Lots of wet frames here today.
First lime flowers bulging open and shouldn't be as affected by the dry weather. A bit of light rain last week will hopefully keep bramble going for a week or so.
It could still be a monster year.

Brambles just starting to flower here, Lime will flower in about a week or so, lots of white clover just starting to flower... which will be good if there is some hot weather, also rosebay just starting to flower and some large areas of bell also in flower now. Later next month the forests of sweet chestnut trees will start to flower along with the ling. Very dry down in the valleys but been plenty of rain to keep the soil moisture good/wet at the higher locations.

we have lime well out and that first smell of chesnut in the air tonight.. we have loads in the area....camberley/surrey..was up at hampton court last night for tom jones concert the best of the lime there is over already

we have lime well out and that first smell of chesnut in the air tonight.. we have loads in the area....camberley/surrey..was up at hampton court last night for tom jones concert the best of the lime there is over already

Wow .. that's early .. we usually sit under the limes in full bloom and buzzing with bees when we go to the RHS Flower show - usually first week in July.

22 nd of June for lime fully open here two years running (wife's birthday!) No flow tho!

Very heavy flow on now from blackberry. Rather humid today but sunny and warm. I guess the humidity makes up for the lack of rainfall as I'm surprised it's as heavy a flow as I'm seeing
Do you ever get those days where fat happy bees seem to be returning in slow motion and nectar is coming In way quicker than they can process. It's as though they know that blackberry is only just beginning and the forecast is good for a while. It's like Even bees can be laid back when life's this easy. Laid back for bees that is.

Latest posts

Back