Very dark honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galaxy55

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Been keeping bees for a number of years now and have never had honey as dark as I've had this year. Do you think the recent heat wave is having an effect on the forage in my area. The dark honey has come from 3 of my apiarys.

I had some very dark honey from one of my apiaries which has a lot of lime trees around. The bees didn't get anything from the lime flowers but the trees were covered in aphids which the bees seemed th be working on. I assumed it was honeydew and had a really rich burnt caramel after taste.

I had some very dark honey from one of my apiaries which has a lot of lime trees around. The bees didn't get anything from the lime flowers but the trees were covered in aphids which the bees seemed th be working on. I assumed it was honeydew and had a really rich burnt caramel after taste.
Thanks for the reply, the honey has the taste you describe, not thought of honeydew, something to consider. Expecting a balsam flow but not many balsam bees about.

Latest posts

Back