urgent help needed please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy larry

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Would any member near Burton on Trent be kind enough to inspect and possibly extract the honey for me please.
These bees have not been looked at now for 4 weeks,
im not looking for free help,any 1 that helps will be well looked after.pm me many thanks.Paul

No,i rescued these bees a couple of years ago with the hope of getting a mentor.
A local chap used to call when he could but unfortunately passed away without me getting chance to learn anything.
I now have 2 hives,but no idea.

there has got to be a beekeeping association near you.

There is, i have contacted a couple of local members but either there on holiday or busy.

So you have had bees for a few years and don't know what to do ?
How have you managed up until now ?

I think it would be safer to contact your local BKA's secretary rather than inviting internet strangers to your home/apiary.

The BKA would probably be willing to circulate an email, but you might find they'd prefer you to join the club too - which would help you too, not only will you meet local beekeepers but you'll learn a lot too.

have you tried the derby branch,a few might live near you, what side of burton do you live?

1) join a Beekeeping association.

2) buy ted hooper's guide to bees and honey.

Show that you are interested and willing to learn from reading books and gaining a basic understanding and people will be more than happy to help you.

I don't intend to sound cold but you MUST put some time in so that you get the right help.

Best of luck :)

M

Bee keepers on holiday this time of year!!! They are telling you lies.

Some of these replies seem a bit harsh larry, don't take them to heart, I understand that you rescued the bees and someone else looked after them. Good on you I say, but now is decision time, if you are really interested in doing it yourself then start with an easy book like 'bees at the bottom of the garden' then progress from there. You can do it without much help but it is harder and you will make more mistakes. If you can find someone to help you then you will get further quicker.
The other alternative is to sell the bees because it is unlikely they will flourish on their own without some intervention.
I applaud your motives but think that the big decision is now yours as soon as possible!
E

Not me!! Just returned from a weeks hols. No disasters had occurred. It is very possible with a bit of forward planning.
Cazza

I am also on holiday. I always go on holiday about now so I don't have to go on holiday with the world and his wife. And especially his kids...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

enrico
You sir are a gent i applaud you on your reply, you have restored my faith in mankind,many many thanks.I was beginning to regret my post,if i had been a sensitive newcomer to the forum i wouldnt of carried on.I asked for help(paid even) not to be criticized,i saved the original bees from being killed because i knew bees were having a bad time.

notagain,im on the pirreli/burton albion side.

to all the members that posted positive replies i also thank you.
to the critics that replied,you should hang your heads in shame.

1) join a Beekeeping association.

2) buy ted hooper's guide to bees and honey.

Show that you are interested and willing to learn from reading books and gaining a basic understanding and people will be more than happy to help you.

I don't intend to sound cold but you MUST put some time in so that you get the right help.

Best of luck :)

M

I hope I am not, in your eyes, a critic.

I wish you all the luck in the world for the future and for your bees.

This website is a brilliant source of info if you struggle to find a mentor immediatly...

http://www.dave-cushman.net/bee/newhome.html

M

Sorry fella if I was closer I'd pop along and help out. Good luck

Must be someone here willing to help out surely :sos:

Latest posts

Back