Urgent advice needed - queen cups

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would speak to the Penrith beekeepers and ask for help. You need a frame of eggs! i wish I was closer.

I would speak to the Penrith beekeepers and ask for help. You need a frame of eggs! i wish I was closer.

Thanks Nic. Through the kind help of a member of the forum I may be in touch with a local bee keeper to get just this help.

Thanks again.

Just noticed you are from St Bees I don't class that as far away, my wife is from Whitehaven.

let us know how you get on.

Hi

Today's weather wasn't really conducive to prolonged inspection of the hive -mostly rain. Between showers I managed to get a look in and found a sealed queen cell in the middle of a frame.

I assume (rightly or wrongly) the best plan would be to leave this to run its course as being the fastest way to get a queen in the hive.

Also good news the daughters friend has promised to resupply in spring if this fails so all is not lost.

If any of you kind people reply to this and don't see me post in reply I am not being rude or unappreciative but I am away from early tomorrow until Saturday, home for a couple of hours and away until mid Monday. I will not have Internet access while I am away.

Thank you for the help and advice so far - very much appreciated.

I will post again either in reply to comments made between now and Monday or to let you know how things are getting on.

Again many thanks.

Latest posts

Back