Urban apairies

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very good Pete you are getting better at it as well.

Pete? If you have the office programs, Word can be very helpful for a writer. I would seriously consider using that for your articles and as already suggested read it out loud to yourself to see where the "natural pauses " fall for the commas and so on.

PH

Great videos Pete, very interesting!

As PH said, an office suite is useful and a very good equivalent to MS Office is Open Office. This software is free and can read and save in MS formats as well as other formats, I use it quite a lot. See ...

http://www.openoffice.org/

Good stuff Pete, very interesting.

You know I've got to ask it:

Inspections, do you open the hives in situ and is it just a case of leaving the door open for a bit to let the bees find their own way out or do you have a more intruiging bee extractor on the go?

Interesting project and fascinating movie Pete. You have obviously been very busy making your allotment what it is. Dead posh! It is certainly a super job.

nelli all i do in the summer is open the window and leave the door open once they are outside they all find there way home. in the winter or if it is raining or cold, i will bring the shed temp up to around 15 degrees and then do what ever i have to do quickly then shut them up again

Hey Pete
That shed of yours is perfect for an observation hive.

what i want when i win the lottery is an observation wall the whole ten frames set up so you can walk either side of it, i have been looking for plans for a ob hive to put in there at the moment i have a perpex cover board so people can look in

worse than editing that one how about i write another one and you can play with it first.

Missed that bit, fine by me mate, happy to help. My beekeeping email addy is [email protected]. Might take me a couple of days to actually do the work, but just send it through if you'd like me to give it a once over.

Great videos Pete and I like your ideas on ventilation.

You mention hygiene and show the dead bees on the floor, are you going to coat the floor with lino, floor paint or tiles? This would make washing / cleaning really easy :)

more dribble from the bee shed production company

Not at all. You are doing an excellent job there Pete. Very informative. A real service to us all. Why, Admin might embrace you as the beekeepingforum video production department. Embrace; well maybe that's too horrible to contemplate by either of you. :):)

Suggestion - Ask Admin for a sticky page so that you can maintain an index of your bee / bee house related productions. That would perhaps give present a logical order that can otherwise be difficult to maintain using the mechanisms on YouTube. Then you can edit the index to add new works as you produce them. A real Opus for all us us, your viewers.

Latest posts

Back