Unusual behaviour

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering why you couldnt use an umbrella if its raining.
There's beeks on here that have used one when checking a demaree colony and more??
Fair enough the temp would of been warmer.
Removed apivar strips in early December again temps were not ideal.
In February I've put fondant on colonys when there was lying snow and 2 c out side..
If it needs doing then crack on.

There's beeks on here that have used one when checking a demaree colony and more??
Fair enough the temp would of been warmer.
Removed apivar strips in early December again temps were not ideal.
In February I've put fondant on colonys when there was lying snow and 2 c out side..
If it needs doing then crack on.

You would need a brolly dolly !!

Nadelik Lowen

This is one of the situations that I find my endoscope camera useful for. Highly recommended as a beekeeping accessory (y)
Do you use a Wifi android/iPhone camera or a stand-alone one, Boston Bees? I think that it would be a fascinating addition to my parphernalia. bee-smillie

Well, first day for us that hasn't been about minus 50 with 3 feet of snow (at least that is what it has felt like). Walked the dog around the front fields to do my very sad crocus count and noticed activity outside both the hives that had fanning round the entrances in December. They looked like they were doing orientation type flights rather than robbing. Watching the bigger hives, they were all heading off to the South where there are big drifts of snowdrops rather than to the North where the wooden hive and polynuc are. May be lucky after all :).
Oh well, enough excitement for one day, back to the fun of graphs, matrices and eigenvalues :unsure:

Latest posts

Back