unsticking the sticky stuff

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find cold water is the best, i take my extractor outside and blast it with my pressure washer, Easy peasy :)

Oh, forgot to say, i take the motor and controller off first!:biggrinjester:

Last edited:
Cold water, make sure not to use hot water as it will melt the wax onto what you're trying to clean!

What about soap? DO you do that once most of the honey is off? Or do you use some cold water and bottle that up for mead?

just use copious amounts of cold water. you need about 3-4 lbs of honey per gallon to make mead, I don't leave that much in the extractor!!

Cold water, applied with a hose.

let the bees do it then wash down with water lol

let the bees do it then wash down with water lol

Sorry to say but that is not very wise, you will be encouraging robbing behaviour and potentially aggressive bees, wasps and possibly hornets back over the next few days looking for more.

Sorry to say but that is not very wise, you will be encouraging robbing behaviour and potentially aggressive bees, wasps and possibly hornets back over the next few days looking for more.

:iagree: you beat me too it!

♫♫♫ theres wax in my extracter dear forum dear forum ♫♫
theres wax in my extractor in my extracter theres wax.

Then wash it dear poster dear poster dear poster
then wash it dear poster, dear poster wash it

♫♫♪ With what shall i wash it dear forum dear forum ♪♫
with what shall i wash it dear forum with what.♫

With water dear poster dear poster dear poster
with water dear poster, dear poster with what ♫♫♪

give it a soak with water and leave it soak for a couple of hours. the honey will absorbe the water and wil be a lot easier to rince out with a hose and a jet.

Latest posts

Back