Two sealed QCs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Spinnaker

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
1 + 1 nuc
....in my nuc! Stupidly thought I could nearly relax. Have seen BIAS and thought all was well and looking healthy to overwinter. To add insult to injury I thought I would mark the present young queen while I could spot her (and before I noticed the QCs) and the pen leaked all over her head. So what now? :hairpull:

....in my nuc! Stupidly thought I could nearly relax. Have seen BIAS and thought all was well and looking healthy to overwinter. To add insult to injury I thought I would mark the present young queen while I could spot her (and before I noticed the QCs) and the pen leaked all over her head. So what now? :hairpull:

Marking a queen in October? Thats Brave!

hide quick before RAB comes back...

I have obviously made a mistake, but was wondering whether they are trying to supersede her anyway.

With just the 2 queen cells it looks likely, and dont worry most of us have applied a little too much paint at some time.

I think the only thing you can do is overwinter them as planned and see what there is in the spring.

:iagree: nine times out of ten they'll just sort themselves out not much else you can do at this time of the year

My best ever queen was painted white, wings, eyes, everything! I reckon she couldn't swarm cos I stuck her wings together!
E

Latest posts

Back