Treating bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The North American advice details two treatment options for MAQS (search for "Can I reduce the dose?" in the official FAQ). As people have already mentioned: 2 strips for 7 days or 1 strip for 14 days and another for a further 7 days.

Now that MAQS has been replaced by "Formic Pro" in North America, the treatment options are a bit different: 2 strips for 14 days, or 1 strip for 10 days then replaced by a new strip for another 10 days.

I do not understand anything about your explanation.

I can see from your text, that you experience about bees is odd.

First you invent yourself, that I stopped learning 1987, and then you continue your intelligent story.

When you get average yield 100 kg/hive, let me know.

You have nothing to teach me about varroa. And that fat body story.
In Finland 90% of bees are Italian strains.

Italians don't develope fat bodies even in cold climates.
How you can not understand what I write but think you have some knowledge of my experiences is simply farcical.
You've made an ass of yourself before with your claims of infallible Varroa knowledge.

This is first time when I heard about this, and I have written a lot about varroa.

What ever rubbish, .

But in Europa, no one advice mix clycerin and oxalic acid.

Europe is most advanced in mite treatment. It is so clear thing.
And I do not need to be more advanced than European best methods are.

And I should know what they do in Argentina. Get a life.

Take your own advice and get a life.

Every insect has fat body. IT is insects' store tissue. Why not Italian bee?
I have had Italian bees 45 years.
Italian queens are imported every spring from Italy, and they do well.

Last edited:
Italians don't develope fat bodies even in cold climates.
How you can not understand what I write but think you have some knowledge of my experiences is simply farcical.
You've made an ass of yourself before with your claims of infallible Varroa knowledge.

Take your own advice and get a life.

Barking dog does no bite

I see 21,000 barks from this bitch.

Only just getting around to treating my bees now for Varoa and wondering for this time of the year with the weather getting cold what would the best treatment, in previous years I've always treated in the first week in September

Well as you can see lots of ways to treat your bees all with pros and cons! Good luck with whichever you choose:)

I do not understand anything about your explanation.

I can see from your text, that you experience about bees is odd.

First you invent yourself, that I stopped learning 1987, and then you continue your intelligent story.

When you get average yield 100 kg/hive, let me know.

You have nothing to teach me about varroa.

Barking dog does no bite

Change medication.

Well, it looks like we'll have an early fall of woodcock over here this year as it seems the winter frosts are already setting in hard in scandahoovia and the russian steppes, almost time to fuel up for the winter hibernation :D

Well, it looks like we'll have an early fall of woodcock over here this year as it seems the winter frosts are already setting in hard in scandahoovia and the russian steppes, almost time to fuel up for the winter hibernation :D

Of topic which i do not hijack EVER but them woodcock are in decline in my neck of the woods, lovely eating though.

Of topic which i do not hijack EVER but them woodcock are in decline in my neck of the woods, lovely eating though.

Always loads with us, my apiaries are slap bang in the middle of woocock country. Pity we've got people like Michael Dawnay raping the coverts to line his pockets though - not proper woodcock shooting, just trophy hunting for the Hoi Polloi.

woodcock are in decline in my neck of the woods, lovely eating though.
not proper woodcock shooting, just trophy hunting for the Hoi Polloi.

If people stopped shooting them maybe they wouldn't be in decline?
I offer this thought knowing I have a brace left in my freezer, plus a couple of snipe.... in no way did I contribute to their nationwide decline....it was someone else who shot them...
I was just weak when they gave them to me, believing it is rude to refuse an offering of food...particularly such good and tasty hard to get your hands on food.
My Better half is a staunch supporter of the "preserve the Woodcock" society and refuses to indulge in their eating and has berated me loudly and frequently about my weakness....
Thank god for small mercies, two Woodcock or Snipe is just about enough dinner for one :D

Last edited:

. But 50 milloin people chasing woodcocks! Terrible?

We have millions of geese coming to your direction. I hope that the news help.

Last edited:
I liked this one ... might have lost a bit with Google translate ...

"Oh, my lord chases. Everything you see when you live old. Moped parrot."

If people stopped shooting them maybe they wouldn't be in decline?
I offer this thought knowing I have a brace left in my freezer, plus a couple of snipe.... in no way did I contribute to their nationwide decline....it was someone else who shot them...
I was just weak when they gave them to me, believing it is rude to refuse an offering of food...particularly such good and tasty hard to get your hands on food.
My Better half is a staunch supporter of the "preserve the Woodcock" society and refuses to indulge in their eating and has berated me loudly and frequently about my weakness....
Thank god for small mercies, two Woodcock or Snipe is just about enough dinner for one :D

Does this mean she won't cook them for you?

Woodcocks weight is 225 -370 g. Slaughtered weight is about half, 100-150 g.

When I visited in England, I saw lots of pigeons in gardens and on TV antennas. Do you eate them?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back