treat and feed

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark s

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
16 + 3nuc's
Hi
Does anyone on here treat with apiguard and start winter feed at the same time ?

Hi
Does anyone on here treat with apiguard and start winter feed at the same time ?

Have done in past years... seems to make little difference to the varroa knock down or the bees take down of syrup... thymolated as well !

Thanks for the replies,I've never done before but as I'm a bit behind this year I'm going to have to give it ago
Thanks again

I used to, as my bees are on the balsam until late in the autumn, and so there was little choice but to do feed and apiguard at the same time. But I always found it problematic, and bees would not take feed down while the treatment was on. As soon as the apiguard was out, the feed disappeared.

This year, I'm going to try MAQS, as the timings are a bit easier.

LJ

Always do. The bees don't seem bothered apart from a few foragers who seem a bit reluctant to go in the entrance for a while after. Think they notice a strange smell but they soon seem to get used to it. They still take down all the syrup.

Back