Tortillas!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkermel

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Well after making my own bread for the last 9 or so months and loving it, I have had problems over the past 8 weeks as the OH and myself have given up the plonk and He is working hard at losing some of his extra weight. This means that bread is now off the menu :cuss: However I have found a recipe for making our own Tortillas, Its sooooo easy and they do taste rather nice. so great can give him these instead of sarnies. But my question is has does anyone else make them and is it possible to freeze them once in golf ball sizes to remove and just make a couple at a time?? once made they go crisp within 24hrs so looking for ways to keep them longer??

we find tortillas (or piadine in our neck of woods) to thick.

homemade roti breads are quick and easy.

presume they can be frozen before final rolling out stage.

I just get mine from aldi.

Yeh I have bought them in the past but the shelf life is so long on them that i dread to think what they do to them! plus for the price of a pack I can make about 100 at least! Yes there is time involved, but the result is wonderful.

Thanks Dr will look up roti breads now

I have made my own breads, naan bread, etc as my wife is wheat intolerant and cannot eat the majority of stuff you get in the shops. I have frozen the dough mix and then defrosted at a later date and cooked it without any problems, in fact it's easier to work with and roll out when still slightly chilled.

In Malay, the word for bread is roti.

Bahasa kerbangsaan.

Latest posts

Back