Tobacco smoke

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every year in the UK 78 000 people die for tobacco related diseases.

So far 79 000 people have died for corona in the UK.

are you saying 78,000 of them were smokers ? or we can expect a further 78,000 deaths ? or or or I don't know.

one thing for certain - we all end up either feeding the worms or as smoke at some point in time !

Crazy setistics.. And why have less privileged country's been able to keep on top of it more... Because alot of the UK are selfish ignorant xxckers.
My friend sent me videos of where he lives down in London, partys going on over New year fireworks being set of with folk not giving a xxit about the situation.. Its not surprising really.

Lockdown now three of my guys are now furloughed and the clients we are working for on a three month project don't want us on site as they are shielding there parents..
Im having to start else where on a project but now the weather is crap..

It could be worse I could be worm food.. 10 weeks now not smoking.

Crazy setistics.. And why have less privileged country's been able to keep on top of it more... Because alot of the UK are selfish ignorant xxckers.
My friend sent me videos of where he lives down in London, partys going on over New year fireworks being set of with folk not giving a xxit about the situation.. Its not surprising really.

Lockdown now three of my guys are now furloughed and the clients we are working for on a three month project don't want us on site as they are shielding there parents..
Well when all the first four at risk groups have been inoculated we can lift all our restrictions

Well when all the first four at risk groups have been inoculated we can lift all our restrictions
Is there going to be any resistance to the new varient. Considering most vaccinations take 8 years to develop and get tested along the way.
1.1 million in England with covid alone.

Wales : the new varient is spreading like wild fire.

With the new variant/s the world will probably be playing catch up at sometime even with vac's coming in to play.

It could be worse I could be worm food.. 10 weeks now not smoking.
Well done on the 10 weeks. Keep going!

Curly Green Fingers said " It could be worse I could be worm food.. 10 weeks now not smoking."
"2 to 12 weeks: Your circulation starts to improve. You may notice that physical activity becomes a lot easier. You'll be free of the addiction and any psychological effects of withdrawal should have ended. 3 to 9 months: Lung function begins to improve markedly"

Keep it up Mark.

Ditto. And fellow club members think i am potty. So what!
I don't bother smoking nucs. You two are rather brave for not using any kind of distractions or cloth to keep them in the dark and stop so many bees flying around.
Even when you have a double brood and 4 supers, and your doing some serious manipulations.. Very brave indeed.

I don't bother smoking nucs. You two are rather brave for not using any kind of distractions or cloth to keep them in the dark and stop so many bees flying around.
Even when you have a double brood and 4 supers, and your doing some serious manipulations.. Very brave indeed.
I used to watch the German beekeepers blog ! The Lass took lots of liberties with the bees . No protective equipment whatsoever.. Including shook swarms . However, she always had her trusty Smoker to hand !

All this talk of smoking isn't doing my cravings much good, I'm going to go and eat a tin of quality streets left over from Christmas and I don't really like quality streets. :sifone:
Send your spare Quality Streets to me and I will do them justice for sure. As to giving up smoking - well done. I smoked from about the age of 9, firstly when I swiped a pack of my fathers Camels that he had been given mid WW2 after my uncle had been returned to the UK from Iceland and which I shared with my little girlfriend, and later on pipe-smoking inhaling both all the while too. After returning to UK from 4 years oversea to find house prices had doubled within the previous 12 months whilst I was out of the market, I decided my priorities had to lie elsewhere. So on the 5 August 1972 after 4 years of duty free fags I instantly abandoned the habit and have been clean ever since and never once did I miss it. Pressures else where probably and just a little willpower?

Keep up the no smoking, Curly...so many benefits and you wont smell like an ashtray! And nobody wants to sleep with an ashtray!! I refused to let staff hang their coats in my office if they were smokers as their clothes stank....probably get sued for discrimination these days.

Apologies the quality streets have gone and the roses on the last of the mince pies now, I've put on a stone and starting to get a bit of a chin now.
Thanks for all the encouragement folks much appreciated :love:(y)View attachment IMG_20210109_133021.jpg
C. G. F. :)

Latest posts

Back