Thymol emulsified mix - conrete hard

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Followed recipe (??)… 30g Thymol crystals with 5 ml Isopropyl Alcohol. 140ml boiling water + 1 Teaspoon Lecithin dissolved and added together to form milky white ‘liquid’ as anticipated.

This morning it is wax solid… candle like… didn’t anticipate this ...

Have I missed a step??? Or do I chip 5ml of to add to syrup? Advice welcome as out of old non-emulisified potion.

Mine has never done that except it has separated when its very cool and needed warming up to be able to use it. (What works well is to add 12.5 grams of thymol crystals to 88ml of of 91% isopropyl alcohol (total volume = 100ml) )

Thanks for the replies... no big deal but simply unanticipated ... heating did liquify for use and now back in solid state. For what its worth, didnt use lechthin granules but powder. Blackcloud, to thIs point I simply added the Thymol to syrup but the discussion as to equal distribution within the syrup was convincing and this is my first venture using emulsified. Obliged, P

Made some up in 2018 and still using it, just remains a milky liquid - no idea why yours has set

Latest posts

Back