Thoughts?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
www.apivoxauditor.com

Some background as I understand it.

A similar device was touted in the 50's as a definitive way of detecting swarm preparations. It was thoroughly debunked but that may have been due to the state of the technology at the time as much as the theory.

Now?

PH

Is there any actual field trial data to support these claims? Has anyone actually tried one? If it does what it claims then they will make a real killing. Sadly my cynicism of such claims will restrain my enthusiasm and keep my cash in my wallet!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At 30 euros it's cheap enough to have a go.

Detecting swarms "up to 14 days in advance" does include zero days in advance :) I certainly wouldn't use it as my only means of detecting swarm preps!

www.apivoxauditor.com

A similar device was touted in the 50's as a definitive way of detecting swarm preparations. It was thoroughly debunked but that may have been due to the state of the technology at the time as much as the theory.

Now?

PH

Once again ... I'm ahead of the game - you will need my propolis proof covering for your android phone, applying this scientific coating to the phone immediately prior to use as a hive monitor will prevent contamination of the phone's surface and yet allow unhindered access to the screen. Available, with free shipping, for a very modest £10 ... enough to provide protection for at least one full season's hive monitoring.

Attachments

• cling film.jpg
    cling film.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 13
I remember my Dad being given an apidictor to trial way back when.
As I recall he stuck mikes on the hives for one season and it then sat on the shelf in the bee shed thereafter.
Not a great success, but today's technology is somewhat more sophisticated.

Once again ... I'm ahead of the game - you will need my propolis proof covering for your android phone, applying this scientific coating to the phone immediately prior to use as a hive monitor will prevent contamination of the phone's surface and yet allow unhindered access to the screen. Available, with free shipping, for a very modest £10 ... enough to provide protection for at least one full season's hive monitoring.

I'm offering a more durable solution for twenty pounds, and you can colour coordinate with your hive/bee suit/phone as an added bonus.

Free p&p.

Attachments

• 19-condom-mistakes-you-might-be-making-2-30634-1432058686-8_dblbig.jpg
    19-condom-mistakes-you-might-be-making-2-30634-1432058686-8_dblbig.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 15
I will do what I always do with new technology: leave others to find out the problems.. and adopt it when it works.

www.apivoxauditor.com

Now?

PH

EASY CONTROL OF HIBERNATION

APIVOX AUDITOR, when adjusted to the winter mode, will help to control the quality of colony’s hibernation and its demand for assistance

Not noticed my bees hibernating... however...

Wonder if the phone gives you a buzz when fondant is needed?

Yeghes da

I'm offering a more durable solution for twenty pounds, and you can colour coordinate with your hive/bee suit/phone as an added bonus.

Free p&p.

Ahhhh ... competition ... my children will starve and we'll have to eat the dog !

I thought I had a monopoly in useless gadgets on here ?

Ahhhh ... competition ... my children will starve and we'll have to eat the dog !

I thought I had a monopoly in useless gadgets on here ?

The ruthless rise of capitalism

It gets better. The guy posting this on FB when I challenged him has quoted the bible in reply.

An American of course.

ARGH!

PH

Why do elephants paint their toenails red? So they can hide in cherry trees!

It works!!! I've never seen an elephant hiding in a cherry tree. Have you?

Why do elephants paint their toenails red? So they can hide in cherry trees!

It works!!! I've never seen an elephant hiding in a cherry tree. Have you?

I have the perfect antidote to elephants trampling my hives.... for a modest sum I can supply these signs - guaranteed to work ... No elephants have ever come near my hives and they keep them out of the cherry trees as well.

Yours for only $10 - supplied direct to your email address ... a Bargain !!

Attachments

• No elephants sign.jpg
    No elephants sign.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 42
Not sure about modern gadgets, but some studies prooved, that bees generate sounds depends on condition of colony. In my area is common practice to "listen bees" in the winter, using stetoscope(correct spelling?). Also while ago i saw circuit diagram for "bee probe" - microphone, amplifier, very narrow band pass filters and "detector of condition".
So... I wouldn't pay for whatever mentioned in first post, but rather build that electronic device for fun.

Latest posts

Back