Thornes Stockbridge Sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, too far to be bothered!

Yes much more dignified with pre orders than it used to be

Got there early as I had to go on to work so wanted to be early in queue
Staff already in post

Cheerful and efficient as always

Thank you

For once I resisted the temptation to buy more stuff that I don't need ... there was not a lot in the sale that I actually craved after ... perhaps because I've bought most of it in the past !

For once I resisted the temptation to buy more stuff that I don't need ... there was not a lot in the sale that I actually craved after ... perhaps because I've bought most of it in the past !
I think the sales days at Thornes are a mere shadow of their former selves sadly. I remember my first and the stampede where there was beeks supported by their other halves racing round with sack trucks dragging kit feet high to Gill and the till team. Thornes sales days had their place in bee history. Today, I only wanted one thing so I sent my mate who pre-ordered and so did a 6 minute turn and burn from getting there to leaving again. Progress I guess.

Luckily I resisted temptation to go around to the shop side just in case there was anything that caught my eye

Yes I miss the people working in teams to prevent anyone approaching their stash

I used to take my then small boys to sit on mine to keep possession

We used to get tea and cake as well but don't know if that continues

I was there at 8.30 picked up my order, had a cuppa and a chat to Paul and Gill and then headed back to the Shire for an afternoon fete that went very successfully.

Tea and cake was available - it had 3 people in the queue for 9am start. The yard had 20 pallets of pre-ordered sale items and another 10 for individual beekeepers..far more organised than the bun-fights of old. But one does miss them a little bit

I was there at 8.30 picked up my order, had a cuppa and a chat to Paul and Gill and then headed back to the Shire for an afternoon fete that went very successfully.

Tea and cake was available - it had 3 people in the queue for 9am start. The yard had 20 pallets of pre-ordered sale items and another 10 for individual beekeepers..far more organised than the bun-fights of old. But one does miss them a little bit
I must have just left as you were arriving

Latest posts

Back