This years honey prices!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now know why I was supposed to pay attention at school.....:rules:

Is there any difference in 8oz of honey and 8 fluid oz of honey?

I have read that the specific gravity of honey is about 1.4.

8 fluid oz is therefore 11.2 oz in weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. That would make Manuka worth about 30p/lb.
:) Back when everyone wanted Clover, beeks here couldn't sell Manuka. It was an unwanted product that gummed up combs. I have several stories and a picture of beeks washing out their frames in a river to get rid of that blessed Manuka!
Now many people realise that darker honeys are healthier, and that's what they want.

We seem to have drifted well off topic.

It's a good year. There'll be a lot of honey on the market, a lot of competition. How much are you going to ask for it? And if you sell it through local shop, how much will you want from the shopkeeper?

not at all. there may be some expensive houses down here but most are in the £200k mark for 3beds some of the highest number of free school dinners are down in this area outside of London. my wifes school which is in haywards heath has 30% unemployed parents and paradoxically the station also sells the most first class season tickets in the uk, go figure that.

Income inequality... those 1% b(w)ankers have a lot of free bonus money to spend...

honey price,

greetings,
honey prices for our area, 6 euros for a one kilo jar, direct from the beekeepers, the super markets sell it for a lot less but who knows where it comes from,

:) Back when everyone wanted Clover, beeks here couldn't sell Manuka. It was an unwanted product that gummed up combs. I have several stories and a picture of beeks washing out their frames in a river to get rid of that blessed Manuka!
Now many people realise that darker honeys are healthier, and that's what they want.

MANUKA, tastes like medicine, you quite rightly didn't want it in NZ so you sent it over here with amazing stories about how we will live to be 200 years old if we eat it.....and we bought it, the story and the honey! Very clever marketing but now you are talking to beekeepers Rob. Personally yuc!
E :) ;)

Down this neck of the woods a 12oz jar £5, and a 1pound jar £6.50, not a bad price for non rape honey

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

Down this neck of the woods a 12oz jar £5, and a 1pound jar £6.50, not a bad price for non rape honey

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

And they can't get enough of it - people around here have just realised if you want decent honey on your toast - get Brynmair's finest, if you fancy the tase of manooka - lick a telegraph post it's much cheaper and probably will do you more good

Martha Kierney thought manuka honey was the mutts kahoona's taste wise, she loved it

I honestly can't produce enough of it customers are buying six jars at a time, funny thing is six years ago they never liked honey.

Great having millionaires on your doorstep but won't work for me. £5 on the door, £5.20 in Country Markets which leaves me enough after they deduct 12%admin and charity element. Am not inclined to be greedy anyway.

I know someone who sells it at £10/lb a few miles from me. That is dear, and my market won't tolerate it (about to put it up to £7/lb), but is relatively cheap if same people buy from health food shop.

It has been there all along since yesterday. You did not ask a daft question, you just never read all the posts in the thread before asking.

Dpearce posted the answer to others yesterday in post seven at 9.23pm, you posted this morning at 8.31am, post ten, asking the question...perhaps a trip to an optician:paparazzi:

Only just seen this, HM, as been away.

However I often use a mobile device (several) to access the site, and despite saying it has synced, I find all kinds of posts that were not showing when I posted the next time I am at my desktop/laptop.

I may be guilty of not reading all posts on some occasions, but this was not one of them.

Just for the sake of clarity, you understand.

Latest posts

Back