The umpire's decision is final......

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brosville

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
TBH
Number of Hives
I've recently kept out of the discussions on bannings on the forum, and "bitten my tongue" for a while, but feel that it's time to stick my oar in...... I'm very aware of what a hard and thankless task it is to moderate a forum (I've done it myself for some years) an am well aware that being a moderator means that whatever you do will be seen as wrong by somebody or another.
I remember those balmy far off days when "the umpire's decision is final" was respected and upheld - you didn't argue, if the man said you were "out" you walked to the pavilion.
The referee can't always be right, but his position allows him the right to be wrong..........

I am frankly horrified at the self-righteous backchat following recent bans, and I find the suggestion being made that one of the moderators was "unfit for duty" to be utterly appalling - the man's busy with his bees for god's sake! (what better qualification for moderating this forum?) - my finger wouldn't be hovering over the "ban" button, it would have landed!
v3WTST

One of the rare occasions when thee and me totally agree :D
VM

I am frankly horrified at the self-righteous backchat following recent bans, and I find the suggestion being made that one of the moderators was "unfit for duty" to be utterly appalling - the man's busy with his bees for god's sake! (what better qualification for moderating this forum?) - my finger wouldn't be hovering over the "ban" button, it would have landed!
v3WTST

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

You are SO right.
Cazza

I've recently kept out of the discussions on bannings on the forum, and "bitten my tongue" for a while, but feel that it's time to stick my oar in...... I'm very aware of what a hard and thankless task it is to moderate a forum (I've done it myself for some years) an am well aware that being a moderator means that whatever you do will be seen as wrong by somebody or another.
I remember those balmy far off days when "the umpire's decision is final" was respected and upheld - you didn't argue, if the man said you were "out" you walked to the pavilion.
The referee can't always be right, but his position allows him the right to be wrong..........

v3WTST

Weren't those the days when a batsman would just "walk" without the need for the umpire to "decide".....

Possibly a touch of self moderation would prevent most calls on the umpire/moderator in our case too?!?!?!?!

v3WTST

Thanks for elaborating my feelings exactly. :iagree:

Weren't those the days when a batsman would just "walk" without the need for the umpire to "decide".....

Possibly a touch of self moderation would prevent most calls on the umpire/moderator in our case too?!?!?!?!

+1

Until the Australians bent the rules!
?? body line bowling???
Aim for the man not the wicket... bloo*in good idea!

not to forget that most umpires are blind

must admit there seem to be a few trolls infesting the forum of late... I will for one not be goaded into a pointless and inane argument... AMMs do not exist poppycock etc
Monty Pythonesqueisms.. this is not an argument ..itis contradiction.. no it isn't...
oh I so despair !!!!

Don't worry your pretty head about that!:biggrinjester:

Wots all this cricket stuff?

I just look at like this. When I joined this forum I read something about not being offensive when you post. That seemed fair enough and I joined.

I hope not to offend people and I hope not to be offended. I have received a few curt replies in the past but I can see that the posters had valid points to make. Its like life - not everyone is always nice to you and sometimes people can take things you say the wrong way.

Everyone must have read what I did when they joined so they should not be surprised if they are asked to behave themselves. Once you have joined you have in fact agreed to respect the other forum members.

Anyway good on you admin for keeping us in line. I would not want your job.not worthy

v3WTST

well phrased, Brossy, couldn't have put it better myself, and here I am agreeing with both you and victor meldrew, whatever next ;)

v3WTST

Hear hear. :iagree:

This forum is supposed to be self moderating so when an ignorant so and so posts aggressive and offensive remarks aimed at a particular individual then you can't blame them for standing up for themselves.

It appears that self moderation does not work and admin is now having to do more "modding". A good thing I say and I am sure he has the backing of nearly every member.

Latest posts

Back