The Monk and the honey bee.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet the only pure Amm's left (as used as a reference point for genotyping) are those from Colonsey and I understand they may even have have a bit of a French accent in their genealogy.
It will be intersting to see if your Cornish Amms come out with an impeccable pedigree when they get tested. Best I heard from Cornwall was around the 70% mark.

Over 80% on the unpublished data from seven that have been so far sequenced for B4.... of the Two definitive Cornish Dimes.

Next lot to be genotyped will include IOM samples... I believe a Swiss lab are collaborating for the next round.

All academic.

Yeghes da

Yet the only pure Amm's left (as used as a reference point for genotyping) are those from Colonsey and I understand they may even have have a bit of a French accent in their genealogy.
It will be intersting to see if your Cornish Amms come out with an impeccable pedigree when they get tested. Best I heard from Cornwall was around the 70% mark.

And?
You seem obsessed with pure, name me any "pure" sub species of honey bee and show me where they can be found, or are you only interested in pissing on someone else's bonfire?

Over 80% on the unpublished data from seven that have been so far sequenced for B4.... of the Two definitive Cornish Dimes.

Next lot to be genotyped will include IOM samples... I believe a Swiss lab are collaborating for the next round.

All academic.

Yeghes da
So no "pure" Cornish Amm's to date then?
I understand the Northern Irish ones are well over 90%. Have a couple arriving this week. Just for academic interest, of course.

Latest posts

Back