The Egg

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beehive1234

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Match box
Thinking about the honey bee brood nest, and incorporating my knowledge of a chicken keeper, I was struck at the thought that the honey bee brood nest, may be, akin to an egg. Yolk, Albumin, Outer layer. Forgive my reluctance to research actual names of layers.
I know there are three.
I know the bats leave their roost the moment chickens have roosted, these are the laws of nature. Swallows arrive and this signals something too.
I hope everyone is using icing sugar dusting when they inspect their hives over the summer. To get rid of the mites.
My question is which way to split the egg is best?
From top to bottom or side to side?

I am thinking that I should take the 'half brood' away from the 'brood'.
Rather than splitting the brood and a half.
It seems to me to be neater.
What are your thoughts?

This is a question to the ADMIN ..........Please provide a flag for us that belong to the WORLD, if not The Universe. Thank you in antisipation.

Perhaps we can introduce the 1st WORLD FLAG, in memory of those who died to achieve it?

Icing sugar dusting after inspections, has had very good results in Wales.
The bees clean themselves and use the sugars, double goodness, for us and the bees.

Stop drinking!

Good news from Welsh? they never tell bad news.

Splitting eggs....1000 eggs a day

How Rude!
That is all we have these days, pious, self centred, self righteous, fools.

Do you know? I can't make head nor tails of this thread either. I am leaning towards agreeing with Finman... and certainly with VEG...

I'll call it: we have a troll.

6108716_f260.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back