Telegraph harumph pshaaw. Adulterers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossbyjove

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
ONE
I see in the 'news' that UK 'honey producers' are up in arms about the fact that new EU regs will demand a full list of all the gak they put in their 'honey'.
I am outraged that those bloody foreigners want to know the exact percentage of crap I put in my honey.
I did not vote to leave the EU just to be told I now have to tell the truth !

I see in the 'news' that UK 'honey producers' are up in arms about the fact that new EU regs will demand a full list of all the gak they put in their 'honey'.
I am outraged that those bloody foreigners want to know the exact percentage of crap I put in my honey.
It would be convenient to stick on one of those not for EU consumption labels.

To be fair, you only have to if you want to sell your honey in the EU. In the UK you can still fib about it all you like.

The article is this one, I assume. I also started to read this before giving up because it appears almost entirely based on supposition. But for the author's name I probably wouldn't have bothered at all, but anyone so burdened by their parents like as not deserves a bit of a break.

James

Once again, the EU is ahead of us in food safety and awareness of pollution and adulteration.
I wouldn't want my children consuming honey stuffed with mutagens and forever chemicals.

Once again, the EU is ahead of us in food safety and awareness of pollution and adulteration.
I wouldn't want my children consuming honey stuffed with mutagens and forever chemicals.
A lot of this cheating goes on in Italy.
If you find a pot of nice Tuscan honey in the supermarket with a picture of an old hive and the Ponte Vecchio in the distance you might read at the bottom of the label something that says bottled in Tuscany. The vendor certainly wont want to write Product of China on his label and lose his 100% markup.

Actually I see now I left so I could spray BS over everyone !

Latest posts

Back