Ted Hooper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithgrimes

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Half way through re-reading Guide to Bees and HOney. Been a while since I last read it. I'd forgotten what a fantastic resource it is. Recommended reading for every bee keeper

for those without a PHd in pedantry, I was referring to March 2010 as last March, as is the norm with most people who have English as a first language

had to click 'play' :)

I see,so last xmas was 2009.

Perhaps, but most people would have used "last month" rather than last "March" to indicate March 2010, whether it is strictly accurate or not.

To get back to Ted Hooper ......

I have an old ( 1st Ed ) copy and my question is : has the new updated version changed that much? I can imagine that pest control is vastly different now as things like Varroa and SHB were unknown in 1976 but these things can be had from websites like BeeBase.

Perhaps more importantly, are there any areas, procedures etc that were common then but are now thought outdated or ineffective?

I am not going to ditch my copy of TH ( its a lovely clean hardback version rather than the paperback modern one) but it would be nice to know if I am following suspect advice?

Regards
Bill

Or i suppose you could say two months ago or eighteen months ago,but if a month is in the past,then the last one of the particular month, must be the last,not the one before

To get back to Ted Hooper ......

I have an old ( 1st Ed ) copy and my question is : has the new updated version changed that much? I can imagine that pest control is vastly different now as things like Varroa and SHB were unknown in 1976 but these things can be had from websites like BeeBase.

Perhaps more importantly, are there any areas, procedures etc that were common then but are now thought outdated or ineffective?

I am not going to ditch my copy of TH ( its a lovely clean hardback version rather than the paperback modern one) but it would be nice to know if I am following suspect advice?

Regards
Bill

No, Bill. The only major change is the inclusion of varroa and treatment.

I'm not saying you're wrong, Hivemaker. I'm merely pointing out that what the OP said is not necessarily wrong, either. You might have asked for clarification/qualification, but in its context, it was an adequate statement.

Latest posts

Back