Tax Dodging Bastard

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has always been loop holes in taxes but It seems that only the rich knew about them until the freedom of information act. My daughters accountant is an x tax inspector and what I get from him is some you win and some you loose so to speak, I actually went to my tax office and complained and guess what I don't pay as much taxes as my fellow workers

An accountant will nearly always save you money on your tax return ... be it personal or company.

In personal terms, unless you are self employed there are very few things you can do to reduce the statutory PAYE which is deducted at source. The personal allowance provides you with a tax free start to your annual income - after that you pay tax at the standard rates on everything you earn ... the few exceptions are some fees that are associated with your employment, some pension contributions and some historical contributions to endowments, some costs of uniforms & grooming where it is closely associated with your employment. Very little else that you can legitimately offset against 'earned' income. Pay up and look big - we are all in the same boat !

I used to be an accountant.. Worth my weight in gold :icon_204-2:.. and if the weather continues as is, maybe honey:hairpull:

Don't they come up for review every four or so years... or is that American Presidents?:icon_204-2:

yes but do you think they are concerned if they don't get re-elected, of course not they still get paid, or possibly they don't.

This makes me smile, as I would be surprised if any politician, businessmen, Beekeeping Forum member or sane taxpayer would willingly pay more tax than they legally need to.

Anyone out there insanely altruistic enough to be knowingly paying more tax than they need to? Mmmm I thought not!

Anyway, why is this thread making it onto a Beekeeping Forum?
Going with what you have just said then, is it fine to aggressively find ways to reduce your tax bill and not give a damn about the effects that has on the society that you live in?

I find that to be a thoroughly depressing thought, I may be naïve but I would like to contribute to society and quite happily pay taxes. l would even pay more to make a positive difference. It is probably why I am not a politician.
That isn't what Buzz said........

"Not knowingly paying more tax than you need to" is NOT the same as being "fine to aggressively find ways to reduce your tax bill and not give a damn about the effects that has on the society that you live in"

If you (knowingly) pay more tax than is due - that is up to you.

I also like to contribute to society..... I also pay all taxes due the two are not specifically linked.