Tamper evident labels

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattC

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Which way should they go? Opinions please:

1. Should the tail run down the front of the jar with main label covering the end?
2. Should the tail go down the back (with or without a 'granulation' label covering the end)?
3. Should it go down the side of the jar, at 90 degrees to the main label, with the end uncovered?
4. Other?

I think I favour option 1, while my other half thinks 3. We need a consensus opinion to resolve this thorny issue!

The purpose of the tail is that it can be stuck under another label, so it will show signs if it's attempted to be peeled off. Otherwise someone could tamper with the jar, and clean the tamper label off without disturbing the main label.

Option 1.

With the added note that most jars have a very feint 'crease' line from top to bottom. The tamper-evident label should cover this flaw, with the main label added centrally.

Dusty

Option 1.

With the added note that most jars have a very feint 'crease' line from top to bottom. The tamper-evident label should cover this flaw, with the main label added centrally.

Dusty

As above especially if printed with best before date on tail!
E

Mine goes down the back covered by the rear label. the association ones in the front covered by the only label. Not that it matters, it's not compulsory to have them anyway.

Mine goes down the back covered by the rear label. the association ones in the front covered by the only label. Not that it matters, it's not compulsory to have them anyway.

"duplicate post!"

"Heaven's above!

One Jenkinsbrynmair is more than enough.

God help us all if they start cloning him!

Dusty"

Thank you folks.

Winter is soon to be here and we'll all get stir/ shed crazy, keep up the 'friendly banter' and help out us newbies as you always do.

:thanks:Tim.

1. Should the tail run down the front of the jar with main label covering the end?
2. Should the tail go down the back (with or without a 'granulation' label covering the end)?
3. Should it go down the side of the jar, at 90 degrees to the main label, with the end uncovered?
4. Other?

I think I favour option 1, while my other half thinks 3. We need a consensus opinion to resolve this thorny issue!

What on earth is thorny about it? Use your noddle and do whatever you think will detect tampering. So tricky!!!!

Last edited:

4. Other?

I use clear tamperproof strips from CWJ. I put them at the front of the jar, behind the label so they can't be broken without either damaging the label or without it being instantly obvious.

If you put it down the side of the jar, or away from the label, it could be split or pulled off without being obvious.

I just searched for the thread title and there were 5 pages listed for the forum (with a few ads at the top of each page). Plenty there to read through, I would suggest, for starters.

I just searched for the thread title and there were 5 pages listed for the forum (with a few ads at the top of each page). Plenty there to read through, I would suggest, for starters.

Ah, but what where would be the fun in that for the likes of you and Arfermo??

Thanks all. The great thing about this forum is the way you can float out a question and quickly get a variety of mostly useful replies, and often learn something in the process (hadn't come across the clear tamperproof labels before)

Anyways, I have now decided to put the tamper proof labels on under the lid upside down and inside the jar. The arrangement will involve a small piece of thread connected with electromechanical linkages to a klaxon alarm system. Does this sound ok?

[Please don't answer that last question... ]

Anyways, I have now decided to put the tamper proof labels on under the lid upside down and inside the jar. The arrangement will involve a small piece of thread connected with electromechanical linkages to a klaxon alarm system. Does this sound ok?

Ah, but if you do that you'll have to alter your labels and make sure the text is the right size and so on, otherwise the punters might not know what they're buying. ;)

Back