T'****s sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK here as well just one problem, one item out of stock after an hour should have been quicker blast ! only took ten minutes very happy :D

My order was paid before 10 am Monday.
Despatched today, so that just shows how busy that first hour must have been!

Tried to order at 09:00 but website kept crashing, so tried again in the afternoon - worked OK. However, on the phone today, I was told my order could take 2 weeks to arrive.

I ordered on the first day 12.30pm, no problems at all. I just have to spend 5 mins on website & I'm £500 down. Hope my OH doesn't notice.

Yippee yiii oh, my parcels have arrived!

jill smith emailed me earlier to let me know that they would try and sort out the problems with the website that some of us experienced.really good of her i thought.

Ordered so much stuff I've literally doubled my production for this year ahead!! Now up to 2 hives :laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004

Good value though.

Order in before 10 am on Monday, confirmation email received at 12 and still no sign of my stuff. Pretty **** poor service!!
I won't be rushing to order from their online sales in future.

my stuff came yesterday which was good considering the amount of orders they probably recieved

I was ever so good. I only spent £42.00

Order in before 10 am on Monday, confirmation email received at 12 and still no sign of my stuff. Pretty **** poor service!!
I won't be rushing to order from their online sales in future.

They have simply been swamped by orders! (It is starting to be the norm for their online sales I guess).

I personally asked for it NOT to be delivered before I am back from holiday on 25th Jan but due to mistyping I put 15th so sent an email explaining.
Had a prompt reply from Gill saying "We have a mountain of orders so there is almost no likelihood of this leaving us for at least a couple of weeks."
I must point out that I only placed the order late last night.

In general for the time of year it is no problem for me (and I guess most) as I am not in a desperate hurry for the stuff!

I think i posted about this site before. Even thou its a sale, you can get cheaper stuff on ebay. Ill be needing a smoker,bee suite and other tools for my set up but when i looked, they where cheaper on ebay.

I think i posted about this site before. Even thou its a sale, you can get cheaper stuff on ebay. Ill be needing a smoker,bee suite and other tools for my set up but when i looked, they where cheaper on ebay.

for the same product?

Just spent £182, WHOOPS!

It's so damn easy, I'm sure I'll find that money somewhere.......

In a totally unrelated note, how much are kidneys going for on the black market?

T's service is very good.
Gill sorts out any problems.
Not sure you would get that off ebay suppliers.

My first time using Thornes. Easiest £500 spent ever!!

Have read so much about the good service Thornes provide and I totally agree.

I emailed a question and Gill replied within 24hrs which impressed me considering how busy they must be. Very helpful and understanding.

I am fine waiting for my order. No one should expect to receive sale items within days from any store. As mentioned elsewhere, no rush for these items at this time of year.

I encountered their store on Ebay and when I asked a question on an item, they highlighted they were Thornes and that the item was cheaper in store as it excluded the charges they had to add to Ebay items. Very good customer service.

There will always be items that you can find elsewhere cheaper if you look hard enough but that doesn't detract from the fact there are good bargains in this years sale with a good quality and easier to return if necessary (can you tell I've trawled the net for bargains...us women do like our bargains & sales).

Cannae wait to pick up my order and persuade hubby to build up my hives yet again.

Latest posts

Back