Susan Cobey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very good talk from Dr Cobey chaired by ITLD

Shame I forgot that was on. I was supposed to be doing something else that ended up being cancelled at the last moment.

James

Indeed, top stuff and very informative (as expected) looking forward to flying over there and speaking in person.

Thanks for the mention.....but my input was minimal.....made it clear to Gino that I was not going to say much apart from at the very start as I did not want to eat into her time at all. So a brief intro and even more brief finish was plenty. As usual she was excellent.

I think they recorded it and it will be up on the Scottish beekeepers site.

I just looked on the SBA site - if it was recorded I think it will only be available via the "members pages". I looked at the webinars section but only found two listed. I hope it was recorded as I had to miss it as well last night.

I heard the talk. Very good indeed. We heard a lot about the lengths bees go to ensure diversity, what with distant mating, and the queen flying low till she was some distance from the apiary. I was left wondering how successful you could hope to be in selecting queens to rear for particular traits, if you are in an area of high hive density, and so aren't able to do much to control the drone population.

I’ve had a look in the members section and it’s not available yet but i’m sure it will be, there are past talks available in there.

Back