Flippin' weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Directly after Bumblebee-gate, I took advantage of being close to the apiary and plonked additional supers on some of the colonies. A few of whom had already drawn out, and half-filled with nectar, deeps of foundation, in just 7 days. Such was the flow.
Inevitably, this caused some over-excitment on my part.

Unfortunately, the gods must have noticed my exuberance. The following days have been a washout.

Today, upon inspection a few new frames had been partially drawn, but that's all.

Last year's records show something of a flow for the rest of this month. So, much like our quarter final result, all is not yet lost.

Anyone else praying to the green man and/or sticking voodoo pins in large wads of symbolic cottonwool rain clouds?
Should I remain confident more flow is on the way, or won't my supers make it past the semi's?

Last edited:
I'm still hoping but the good weather mooted for the week after next has turned to showers. My flow is done with by the end of July anyway so that will be it.
A lot of uncapped nectar back to the bees I suspect

We are desperate for rain! Yes honestly. Ground is dry and cracked and grass is going brown. Hoping for some rain tonight at last. But.....what a flow of nectar I have had . I have added two supers in two weeks to all my hives as they are drawing and filling a super in a week.

We are desperate for rain! Yes honestly. Ground is dry and cracked and grass is going brown. Hoping for some rain tonight at last. But.....what a flow of nectar I have had . I have added two supers in two weeks to all my hives as they are drawing and filling a super in a week.
I'm envious.

Thought I was going to run out of boxes. Ordered a few cheap ones from the Maisemore sale - still haven't dispatched after 1 week.

Next weekend is forecast to be better for Surrey.

I'm still hoping but the good weather mooted for the week after next has turned to showers. My flow is done with by the end of July anyway so that will be it.
A lot of uncapped nectar back to the bees I suspect
Same story up here. Today however is the second day in a row with some sun and high temps around 14-15 degrees.

This season does seem to be catching up. My demaree boxes have been getting filled !

Latest posts

Back