Sugar Prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daroco

House Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
As it gets to that time of year again - the hunt for cheap sugar begins... Maybe we could help each other out and point out the cheapest prices found.

49p/kg at Farm Foods (negotiated down to 39p with the manager)

As it gets to that time of year again - the hunt for cheap sugar begins... Maybe we could help each other out and point out the cheapest prices found.

49p/kg at Farm Foods (negotiated down to 39p with the manager)

There was a time,not very long ago, when we had to pay £1.00 + per kg. at supermarkets. Is it Lidl and Aldi etc. that have brought the price down to reality? We don't hear a lot from beet farmers in the UK that they are going bust at present so the difference was going into another pocket,(profit line).
Do keep in mind that the import duty into the EU on sugar kept the price of cane sugar high and screwed the the cane sugar producers that kept us supplied for decades. Sorry, maybe this post should go under the stairs.

There was a time,not very long ago, when we had to pay £1.00 + per kg. at supermarkets. Is it Lidl and Aldi etc. that have brought the price down to reality? We don't hear a lot from beet farmers in the UK that they are going bust at present so the difference was going into another pocket,(profit line).
Do keep in mind that the import duty into the EU on sugar kept the price of cane sugar high and screwed the the cane sugar producers that kept us supplied for decades. Sorry, maybe this post should go under the stairs.

I'm looking forward to seeing a resurgence in the cane sugar industry. One of my pensions comes from a period of employment with Tate and Lyle. They were a great company to work for.

42p at Lidl a couple of weeks ago, don't know if still the same

£1.00 per 5kg bag.. beet sugar for wine/ beer making in brew shop.
Was old stock and I took the lot!

Prices are going to raise dramatically as we go into the World economy dominated by the Eastern triangle.
Thin edge of the WEDGE I fear!!

My aunt who is disabled.. she has a wooden leg... is about to loose her Motability car as PIP replaces DLA....

All this the legacy of "Call me Dave" and the " protest " vote!!

Nos da

Prices are going to raise dramatically as we go into the World economy dominated by the Eastern triangle.
Thin edge of the WEDGE I fear!!

Maybe for beet but the entire world opens up for cane sugar

All this the legacy of "Call me Dave" and the " protest " vote!!

I would have 100% voted out, not to protest but you should try living here! I'm back to the the UK with bells on, you dont know how good you have it!

Prices have fallen due to a bumper crop of Brazilian cane sugar last season.

88p for 2 kg in morrisons and its british sugar. Silver spoon ii think.

I can be corrected but I think its the price of oil which reduced sugar prices, I'm sure Lidl and Aldi helped lots too though. Import duty in the EU is just wrong on every level imo, UK isnt too bad but here I cant even buy budget items from China without a "goods do not conform to article 9 and 10 of the contract for the foundation of the eec" sticker, which usually costs me 50% on top of the purchase price.

Latest posts

Back