Stoneleigh questions

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy_bull

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Morning all,

Has anyone had an email with prices for the Th@rne scrum?

Also what's/who's got the best wax conversion scheme?

I will have a ring round if no one knows but thought if someone has the answers to hand it could save me some time.

Thanks

C B

To whet your appetite we will have cedar hive parts in economy grade timber and frames in lower grade timber all at less than half normal first quality retail price.

The items below are some of what we have on offer.

National super - £12.00 National Roof £16.00

National Open Mesh Floor £12.00 National Brood £15.00

National Crownboard £7.00

50 DN1/SN1 frames £24.00 50 DN4/SN4 frames £27.00

50 14" x 12" frames £40.00 50 BS Manley frames £35.00

100 Narrow Plastic Ends 3.00 Bee Brush 2.50

Dummy Board, BS Deep 3.50 Frame Feeder 7.50

Economy Hive Strap 1.50 Natural Plastic Excluder 2.50

Ratchet Hive Strap 3.00 Beekeepers Perch 1.00

Frame Nail Hammer 2.00 Secateurs 1.50

Standard Hive Tool 2.00 Heavy Duty Hive Tool & FL 5.00

American Style Hive Tool 5.00 17” square wire excluder grid 2.50

Frame Cleaner 1.50 Frame Grip 5.00

Stainless Smoker 12.50 Liquid Bee Smoke 1.00

Swarm Lure, pair 3.50 Corner supports, set of 4 50p

Porter Bee Escape 50p Uncapping Fork 2.50

Uncapping Knife 5.00 Open Mesh Helmet 7.00

Occasional Jacket 5.00 Hat and Veil 3.00

Jacket and Veil/Hood 20.00 100 Plastic Mini Pots 3.00

Conical Tap Strainer, S/S 10.00 Nylon Valve, 1.5” 5.00

Stainless Valve 25.00 1000 Tamper Labels 10.00

Rect 8oz Comb Cutter 10.00 50 ‘4C’ 7.00

Mini Strainer 30.00 Pollen Trap 5.00

Plastic Queen Catcher 2.50 Telescopic Queen Cage 50p

Clip Catcher 2.50 Marking Cage with Plunger 2.50

Rapid Feeder 3.50 1gal Bucket Feeder 3.50

1/2gal Bucket Feeder 2.00 20 Honey Servers 5.00

And LOTS, LOTS MORE.

If you would like to reserve and collect an order at the Convention, please let us know very quickly! This is for our normal stock items only - bargains cannot be reserved.

Our marquee outside the hall will be ready to convert or straight swap your beeswax for top quality foundation. You can pre-order foundation for this - and please do this if you need a large quantity.

Hope to see you there.

Gill Smith

E.H. Thorne (Beehives) Ltd

Hope this helps you...

Brian

That's the one, not sure why i haven't had it this year, much appreciated.

Thanks

I appreciate this is a big ask but............
Is anyone going from the Kings Lynn area (or 40/50 radius) and is getting themselves some hive parts. I would appreciate a PM as I have a very small shopping list.
I could in exchange pay for your entry ticket. Also I am attending the Peterborough association auction this Saturday afternoon and could look out for some stuff for you in return.
I would collect them from you at your conveinence.

thanks, cheeky I know but if you dont ask...........bee-smillie

with wax they all charge about the same rates, i preffere kbs wax my self, if you go to there web sites and see there convertion rates you can decide who to go to. there is no mad rush to do the converstions as they do it all day its only the wood thats the rugby scrum for.

as for wood any thing seconds is about half price to buy

with wax they all charge about the same rates, i preffere kbs wax my self, if you go to there web sites and see there convertion rates you can decide who to go to. there is no mad rush to do the converstions as they do it all day its only the wood thats the rugby scrum for.

as for wood any thing seconds is about half price to buy

I just looked in my spam mailbox and there was Gills price list email!!

Just had a ring about on wax as i got a spare 15mins:

KBS want £1.45/lb to covert 1lb wax to 1lb foundation + £0.90/10 sheets of wiring

Th0rnes want £0.80/lb to convert 1lb wax to 1lb foundation + £0.72/10 shallow wire or £0.87/10 Deep to wire

(The Th0rnes price is basis a large order discount)

I even rang KBS back to check i had written their price down correct (thought it might have been a /kg rate)

there seems to be a huge difference between them (am i missing something) as i always though they were all about the same price but this is the first year i will do a conversion (normally make candle or polish) however i now have a stock of about 300kg so will NEVER use that up as fast as i'm making it.

does anyone know what the buying price for wax is, as i could do with a top up as i have had a few good size orders for wax polish and have ran out,

i might be the only one there taking wax away rather than too!!

£4/lb I think for a reasonable ammount, more for smaller ammounts, if you want some Pete I have some send me a pm with how many lb you want and i will give you a price, i have more than i will need to swap into foundation, i have all manner of sized blocks and colour, very yellow to very orange.

Nice of admin to let th***es advertise on this post!

Nice of admin to let th***es advertise on this post!

I hope you are not insinuating i am in anyway associated with Thornes, :reddevil:!!

Great first post! ha ha,

I was just an observation to all on what prices are out there, I have never converted the wax before, so wanted to check the facts before commiting.

Since writing my original quotes i have today found out Maisem0re seem to offer a better deal than Th0rnes by another 10p/lb.

I think i will visting all parties tomorrow and checking out the quality of what i will be swapping for.

C B

FWIW I have never converted myself but regardless of the price offered I would be looking at the quality very closely, and personally I only buy foundation from KBS as the bees prefer it.

PH

Well i did my swap, i did go with Thornes in the end, agreed their premium stuff was identical to maisemores standard grade but Maisemore had a huge queue and i was running late.

The thing that struck me was how dirty and crappy some of the wax that was being weighed in was, black mouldy with lumps of cacoons in it, it was still accepted no worries, you'd have thought they would have had a grading scale, next time i won't be so fussy with getting it clean!!

C B

agree that maisemore's had a longer queue (how much did they charge?) - and also was amazed that people were checking in stuff that i would never have considered being acceptable! plenty of nice bucket shaped ingots but also plenty of black blocks!

on related subject - went to the ron hoskins talk. he quoted an american study that showed that chemical residues in wax persisted (and accumulated) after processing. ron's apiary has a TBH that they keep chemical free just for producing wax!

on related subject - went to the ron hoskins talk. he quoted an american study that showed that chemical residues in wax persisted (and accumulated) after processing. ron's apiary has a TBH that they keep chemical free just for producing wax!

Which is interesting considering in another post a few days ago someone suggested that he'd passed away............!

Quite a trick.

I think you will find that was Ron Brown that passed away.

Latest posts

Back