Split sugar bags from Tesco

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aspartame's a known bladder irritant. What the effects of that are is less clear but some are convinced it causes cancer (no proof yet as I understand). I find it impossible to eat and know immediately when I have done by mistake. Most unpleasant.

Can you point me in the direction that prove aspartame is a neurotoxin. I have had a quick look at the literature and in indicates quite the opposite (i.e. there is no evidence). If true I will stop the kids drinking there fizzy drink that seem to all contain aspartame.

Google Mary Nash Stoddard

Just looked this up. Really man oh man. People beleive this stuff. I was thinking more in line with science. Peer reviewed literature.

I used to drink large quantities of diet lemonade containing aspartame, and eventually developed the most appalling tinnitus. Did a Google, found some anecdotal evidence about a possible connection - stopped drinking the diet drinks: tinnitus ceased. Played at being a human guinea pig and started drinking said diet drinks again, tinnitus returned.

Have now stopped ingestion of as many products containing aspartame as possible - but it ain't easy - the damned stuff is 'everywhere'.

So why use it - when sugar would do ? There must be commercial reasons for including it. An unnecessary additive, in my view.

LJ

Oh yes - you wanted a link. Try this: http://www.wnho.net/aspartame_tinnitus_connection.htm

If you Google "aspartame tinnitus" you'll find lots more.
This does not refer to any peer reviewed literature so has no rigour. Show me something using the proper scienitific method if you are going to say something is proven.

Anyway, we've drifted. The original point is you wouldn't want it in bee syrup because clearly it would end up in honey. (Mmmm! Your honey's so sweet!) And each to his own but I know I cannot touch it. Contamination of discarded sugar is an interesting concern.

Anyway, we've drifted. The original point is you wouldn't want it in bee syrup because clearly it would end up in honey. (Mmmm! Your honey's so sweet!) And each to his own but I know I cannot touch it. Contamination of discarded sugar is an interesting concern.

Yes and as its known to be not great to us what harm could it do to the bees :puke:

Perhaps one advantage if you can call it that I understand its known to be slightly addictive so some may get repeat orders for their honey.

"Annoys me intensely that fish is weighed with heads and tails on, I don't know many people willing to eat a fish that tries to 'stare you out' on your plate. "

why - if they are selling whole fish why should the customer who wants a whole fish effectively pay more than one who only wants the prime fillets?

at the end of the day the head, bones and tail all get binned. everyone pays the same price and choose whether the leftovers get binned up front or after cooking.

at the end of the day the head, bones and tail all get binned.

Soups, sauces and stocks can use heads, bones and tails.
Also, fish will keep longer with less cuts.

"Soups, sauces and stocks can use heads, bones and tails."

sure but 99% of the population do not make soups, sauces or stocks!!!!

Tinnitus

This does not refer to any peer reviewed literature so has no rigour. Show me something using the proper scienitific method if you are going to say something is proven.

Hmm? LJ didn't say it was proven, he referred to anecdotal evidence.

As a sufferer of tinnitus I am pleased to hear of other's experiments to get rid of this most annoying complaint. In my case I find that a herb called Gingko Biloba makes a big difference. It's available from most health food shops.

1. Where in my post did I say anything was "proven" ? I spoke only of my own personal experience.
[sorry for the 'echo' jackstraw - I've only just seen your post :) ]

2. "proper scientific method" - what garbage is this ? I have pointed out on another thread that the scientific method, whilst very useful indeed within the fields of physics and chemistry, is far less useful when it comes to biology, and in particular medicine. But the brainwashed masses will stay true to their new faith.

How exactly are you going to test for Aspartame poisoning ? If there was an instantaneous and objectively measurable response, you could then use that in a double-blind trial - but - tinnitus (for example) cannot be objectively measured, and accumulative poisons do not lend themselves to such experimental methods.

So - you're then left with biochemical assays - and they prove nothing either way. Because a poison, or one of it's degradation products, cannot be identified in (say) blood serum, this does not confirm that nerve endings haven't been affected.

Science is good - but it ain't brilliant - so let's stop looking to it for all the answers.

LJ

Last edited:
1. Where in my post did I say anything was "proven" ? I spoke only of my own personal experience.
[sorry for the 'echo' jackstraw - I've only just seen your post :) ]

2. "proper scientific method" - what garbage is this ? I have pointed out on another thread that the scientific method, whilst very useful indeed within the fields of physics and chemistry, is far less useful when it comes to biology, and in particular medicine. But the brainwashed masses will stay true to their new faith.

How exactly are you going to test for Aspartame poisoning ? If there was an instantaneous and objectively measurable response, you could then use that in a double-blind trial - but - tinnitus (for example) cannot be objectively measured, and accumulative poisons do not lend themselves to such experimental methods.

So - you're then left with biochemical assays - and they prove nothing either way. Because a poison, or one of it's degradation products, cannot be identified in (say) blood serum, this does not confirm that nerve endings haven't been affected.

Science is good - but it ain't brilliant - so let's stop looking to it for all the answers.

LJ

Well said LJ,
the point is I researched Apartame and later on Asceslflame_k by looking for links in the negative ie typing in "problems with Aspartame" as I have long ago found that when big business ie millions of £$ etc or billions are concerned, I know that proffesional silence is the prefered method of witholding potential cash cow crashes!!! it is indeed foolish to believe that Commerce and its wealthy facilitators have our best interests at heart, to believe this is to be lemming like, let others who have suffered show you the truth through your own will to search other than through so called OFFICIAL sources, "or if you wish" just carry on believing you are looked after by those in positions of influence and power.

Life was simpler with just honey for sweetnessbee-smilliebee-smillie

Latest posts

Back