Something for the winter.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shall be studying some interesting mathematical problems

Fermat’s Last Theorem
“It is impossible to separate a cube into two cubes,
a
+
b
=
c
has no whole number solutions
or a fourth power into two fourth powers,
a
+
b
=
c
or in general any power greater than the second into two like
powers.”
Fermat’s Last Theorem
If n
>
then a
n
+
b
n
=
c
n

We made a potato gun at a factory we used to work at. We had the police turn up. We could launch them way over the factory roof. Of course we had no idea what they were on about. The boss let us off as long as he could take it home lol.

Craig

OOf! bit irresponsible that ! cutting up a coke can with no PPE!

I might just have a go making one of them, perhaps we can post our pictures here
This is what I made years ago and I also make a rocket attachment, I bet it would JBM shot gun a run for his money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykF3TUTI2hU

Paff! a mere pop gun - we had a water cannon on the decks of the Damen 4207 class patrol boats whch required us to parallel two generators to power the pump - it was designed to help fight oil tanker fires at sea but only resylted in snapping the jackstaff like a carrot if it wasn't taken doen beforehand. Not that we ever stuck a large baking spud in the muzzle as an experiment!

The spud gun.

Aha, I can envisage an oxygen concentrator and metered charges of oxygen and butane (or propane) needing rather thicker/stronger combustion chamber and barrel; spud projectiles going supersonic over a few metres and high risk to launching personnel!

I recommend keeping the power down for anyone contemplating making these. They could be lethal.

RAB

We used hair spray and lighter gas in ours

Craig
We used Hair spray to, What did destroy the thing in the end when someone lit an oxygen and acetylene burning torch,snubbed it out and filled the thing with the gas mixture. nothing left of the gun and dust fell from the roof and we all fell to the floor. More fun than detonating an air bag but thats another story
We are now looking at solid rocket fuels
We also built a pulse jet engine from a lorry turbo but cooling was a big issue so now we have some old fire extinguishers to modify into something of a hybrid pulse engine
We are no rocket scientists but we are learning
Next mission is to build a light weight craft powered by small pulse jet engine and see how far we could fly it unmanned via some sort of navigation equipment We don't need speed just something stealthy to fly under radar :leaving:

I shall be studying some interesting mathematical problems

Fermat’s Last Theorem
“It is impossible to separate a cube into two cubes,
a
+
b
=
c
or a fourth power into two fourth powers,
a
+
b
=
c
or in general any power greater than the second into two like
powers.”
Fermat’s Last Theorem
If n
>
then a
n
+
b
n
=
c
n

Go for it. Whatever floats you boat, it will drive you crazy, let me know when you have solved it

Next mission is to build a light weight craft powered by small pulse jet engine and see how far we could fly it unmanned via some sort of navigation equipment We don't need speed just something stealthy to fly under radar :leaving:

Will you just stop droning on?

Dusty

Latest posts

Back