smoker lighter

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My can insert and blowlamp means I have a blazing smoker in 30 seconds..

Tiny lighters are a waste of time: self igniting blowlamps are safer and faster..

My can insert and blowlamp means I have a blazing smoker in 30 seconds..

Tiny lighters are a waste of time: self igniting blowlamps are safer and faster..

Replacement gas works out much cheaper too.

I use a match...

lighting the smoker is part of the ritual
the box is smaller to cart about than a blow lamp, and
can be used for other purposes when empty!

And besides, gas makes me nervous...

(not sure about cost comparison!!! 15p for approx. 40 matches)

Last edited:
I used a lighter but now switched to a gas stove lighter that cost me £1 with adjustable flame and clear fuel tank

I use a match... 15p for approx. 40 matches)

Bl**dy h*ll. A box of matches used to be 2d!

And that probably for a much larger (than now) Swan Vestas!

Auto butane 'creme de brulee' burners are so much easier - provided they actually turn off.....and are not affected by damp .... and are better in windy conditions. But user choice as always.

its a blow torch that can solder up to gold and that's some heat, not just for beekeeping thou I want it for soldering large items, as well as brazing small items too , so multi tool I find matches when been in my bee box for a few weeks go damp , maybe need a box to keep them in

Just picked up something similar at Al**s for £1.60 Long prob allows me to stick it deep into the smoker and light my wood direct. Refillable and very efficient, highly recommended. Saves on melted marigolds as well! I think £ shops do something similar. About one of the best investments in my hobby for a while.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . I find matches when been in my bee box for a few weeks go damp , maybe need a box to keep them in

I use swan vestas, (dip them in candle wax to waterproof them).

sometimes!

My local Sainsberys has a new butane lighter "bar be quick"

It's yellow, costs £2.50, adjustable flame and has a little window to show the butane level.

Magic - works a treat!

infinitely better than their 'Cricket' one.

I find matches when been in my bee box for a few weeks go damp , maybe need a box to keep them in

I keep mine in the car. As it's a modern car, (1999), it doesn't leak like my old VW fastback or VW Golf, (there's a pattern here) :rolleyes: so no mushrooms, and no damp matches!:) or even damp patches...

I'm shopping around on eBay for a flame thrower ...

I use a zippo, I like the smell..... is that weird?

Latest posts

Back