Skip diving 2024

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No she is a scientist, does forensic work too. Appears on the tv occasionally presenting archeology programs
Aye she is on the tele at the moment presenting archeology programs I was watching her the other night.

....."we have joy,we have fun,we have"...... terrible record give it back to them !
As opposed to the classic I found when rummaging around in one of the 'junk' areas in an old abandoned room in work.
The beautiful song 'Sierra' by Boz Scaggs.
Some Change, track 6.

Scary increase ... I had to buy a 2400 x 600 length of 22mm chipboard flooring to replace a section in the bathroom ... I could not find any 22mm anywhere and eventually bought 18mm ... £21 !! The last piece I bought before Covid was £13 ... Someone is taking advantage of the shortages to jack the prices up.

Pre kung-flu a c16 timber was £2.20. I could make 2 stands from 5 bits. So £5.50 of wood per stand.

Post Cantaneese cough its £7.5 per timber, so now £18.75 per stand! - 5% inflation, yeah right.

I am renovating a house at the moment, so have been watching lots of DIY stuff on youtube. It seems to be the same story in the USA, Canada and Australia.

And the screw section looks like the supermarket shelves when panic buying was in full swing.

I will be looking into using recycled palit wood or other salvaged timber as much as possible in the future.

Anyway, I should keep this one short, or it could quickly turn into 4 pages of me ragging about price hikes.

Wood, copper pipe, wire, electronic components...........

Why not visit some building sites and get free materials
Some sites im on the timber skips are full and changed twice weekly any amount of plywood osb off cuts in them

Pre kung-flu a c16 timber was £2.20. I could make 2 stands from 5 bits. So £5.50 of wood per stand.

Post Cantaneese cough its £7.5 per timber, so now £18.75 per stand! - 5% inflation, yeah right.

I am renovating a house at the moment, so have been watching lots of DIY stuff on youtube. It seems to be the same story in the USA, Canada and Australia.

And the screw section looks like the supermarket shelves when panic buying was in full swing.

I will be looking into using recycled palit wood or other salvaged timber as much as possible in the future.

Anyway, I should keep this one short, or it could quickly turn into 4 pages of me ragging about price hikes.

Wood, copper pipe, wire, electronic components...........
It's a nightmare, the cost of the cedar I buy has spiralled from £17 to £18 per cu ft!

Latest posts

Back