Should tool boxes be a sacred space?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Headnavigator

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just been into my toolbox and found all my gimp pins, panel pins, tacks and staples mashed out of their boxes and mixed up. One tantrum and half-an-hour sorting leads me to consider putting a padlock on my toolbox - except that I'd be sure to lose the key. How do others solve this? :banghead:

What a good idea. I found my husband using an electrical screwdriver and a lump hammer to put together some push fit metal shelves. The previous time I found him using a screwdriver instead of a chisel, and the time before that he was using a wood chisel when he should have been using a stone chisel. I tend to hide the workshop keys. I find that restricting access to my workshop is the best way to stay friends.

:rofl:
Reminds me of a former employer who would damn with faint praise or what appeared to be at first sight: "He's a good 'un, 'll never use a spanner where a hammer'd do".
;)

except that I'd be sure to lose the key.

A lock with a combination is an option? Hide the 'combo' within a phone number on your mobile, so you don't forget it, or if you do you can find it.

Regards, RAB

:rofl:
Reminds me of a former employer who would damn with faint praise or what appeared to be at first sight: "He's a good 'un, 'll never use a spanner where a hammer'd do".
;)

Coach builders state " Screw drivers are for removing screws!! Screwdrammers are for inserting them"
" A nail is as good as a screw in an end grain" :)
VM

My wife got so fed up of me "having all the tools but never using them" that she bought her own tool box and filled it with tools "you never use".

Never have that problem, my Oh has all her own kit, including a pair of cordless makita drill / drivers, bosch planer, bosch jigsaw, full set spanners, full set screwdrivers, full set chisels, Hammers, work bench, vice, etc etc, all in her own shed.
*simples* :)

Just get a Brummie Universal Precision Tool ( or any other lump of metal with stick attached)
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

Last edited:
Absolutely. My OH has her sacred toolbox with tools in it I won't touch.

I should have mine too.

She calls hers the 'kitchen'. :rofl:

Had to laugh,my other half had her own set of screw drivers.All the same but with different colour handles. :D

Never have that problem, my Oh has all her own kit, including a pair of cordless makita drill / drivers, bosch planer, bosch jigsaw, full set spanners, full set screwdrivers, full set chisels, Hammers, work bench, vice, etc etc, all in her own shed.
*simples* :)
Yup - we have that arrangement, all but the shed (I have the greenhouse and bee 'hut') but for some reason his tools are never as good as mine, and while I could be described as obsessional when it comes to using and storing tools, he is of the 'leave it somewhere handy' school of (lack of) thought. If I've lost something the obvious places to look are under the bed, in a corner, in his sock drawer, under the workbench in his shed, or anywhere else unlikely. :banghead:

Divorce? After all, this is serious ...

No

Mrs Madasafish just insists if I get divorced the only tool that will leave the house is the useless one she married.

Yup - we have that arrangement, all but the shed (I have the greenhouse and bee 'hut') but for some reason his tools are never as good as mine, and while I could be described as obsessional when it comes to using and storing tools, he is of the 'leave it somewhere handy' school of (lack of) thought. If I've lost something the obvious places to look are under the bed, in a corner, in his sock drawer, under the workbench in his shed, or anywhere else unlikely. :banghead:

Thats because he hasnt finished with it yet :D

She calls hers the 'kitchen'.

We both use the kitchen but I clean it, so is it unreasonable to want to paint my hive boxes in there?

I mean, when she paints the kitchen I dont ask her to take it outside.:rofl:

isn't it part of the fun, when you have a problem 30 mils from home

and need to fix say a QE....rummage around in the bottom and find those bent upholstery pins or what ever that you used once two years ago when you ran out of drawing pins

i have often delved in that black hole when in trouble and come up with what was needed but not known it was there

isn't it part of the fun, when you have a problem 30 mils from home

and need to fix say a QE....rummage around in the bottom and find those bent upholstery pins or what ever that you used once two years ago when you ran out of drawing pins

i have often delved in that black hole when in trouble and come up with what was needed but not known it was there

Dare I ask of what or whom? :eek:

Every serious DIYer has to have a "gash box" ( in my case an old washing up bowl) into which goes all the used screws, odd nails and other assorted bits and bobs. It is the place where you will always find that one item you need to finish a job without have go go and buy a whole new box.

You do however often need to "have a good rummage round the bottom" a la MMnot worthy

Latest posts

Back