shoe polish

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
30+
Hi all, just a quickie.... I was wondering if anyone had made beeswax shoe polish at all? Different colours and how this is achieved? I'm tempted to have a go!

Cheers

Hi all, just a quickie.... I was wondering if anyone had made beeswax shoe polish at all? Different colours and how this is achieved? I'm tempted to have a go!

Cheers

First thing is, if using turps, DON'T DO IT ON THE HOB IN YOUR KITCHEN. I'll see if I can find that recipe...

Sounds interesting - could you use wax colours for the polish? The sort of stuff Th**rnes sell to dye wax candles different colours??

Cheers

With Kiwi Black Parade gloss sold at 44p a tin is it worth the effort ? Wax for re-proofing wax jackets is a lot more expensive .... if you could find a formula for that it would be worth it !

With Kiwi Black Parade gloss sold at 44p a tin is it worth the effort ? Wax for re-proofing wax jackets is a lot more expensive .... if you could find a formula for that it would be worth it !

thats a good idea... hold on. :)

edit: Nope, come up blank, anyone on here made a waterproofing?

Last edited:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BAHx0KBpT4"]Homemade Waterproofing.... Cotton, Leather, Wood, Metal, or Whatever !!! - YouTube[/ame]

2 parts beeswax, 1 part boiled linseed, 1 part turpentine (1lb : 8oz : 8oz).
Very flammable so careful now! Use a bain marie to mix it. Allow to cool and harden to a creamy texture.

Nope - 'cos now loads of us are looking and making - all thanks to you!!not worthy

if it was not for all this make up and sequins on my bee suit you could see me blushing , lol

its good it came to some thing. many people have said it was a great waste of time and as such well worth it, ha ha ha ha ha h a

i did about 20 stickies for many subjects that year as well as several thousand job applications, i used the sticky to prevent cv fatigue and despression from lack of interviews. they did make a difference for me as well , some of the furniture polish recipes made me quite a few quid since then

Latest posts

Back