sheep deaths

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's thick ignorant townie folk for you, i was on the dales yesterday and some clown with a hiking coat on was shouting his dog constantly, it was nowhere to be seen, luckily theres no pregnant ewes on the land at the moment as the dog was a Alsatian running wild.
What folk do not understand is even if your dog is stock broken it will still spook the sheep and cause pannick, even if the adult sheep do not die they often miscarriage through ignorant dog owners.

That's thick ignorant townie folk for you, i was on the dales yesterday and some clown with a hiking coat on was shouting his dog constantly, it was nowhere to be seen, luckily theres no pregnant ewes on the land at the moment as the dog was a Alsatian running wild.
What folk do not understand is even if your dog is stock broken it will still spook the sheep and cause pannick, even if the adult sheep do not die they often miscarriage through ignorant dog owners.

:iagree: Makes me really angry. Just makes it harder for all those who are sensible with dogs in the countryside. Ive got dogs and all around me are sheep.. NEVER once has one strayed off my land. :hairpull::hairpull:

to do what they did millet it wasn't just one dog and one townie. it was an organised thing.

It is happening on a regular basis down here on the downs. you hear daily of sheep being killed right across the area.

I can still vividly remember as an 8 year old discovering with my Dad five of our sheep dead and dying from a dog attack. Shocking. Never did find the culprit.

What's so bad about this one is it must have been a prolonged onslaught to cause this level of death from crushing and shock.

to do what they did millet it wasn't just one dog and one townie. it was an organised thing.

It is happening on a regular basis down here on the downs. you hear daily of sheep being killed right across the area.

From that write up Mr Pearce none where injured or mauled so how can anyone put a number of dogs on the percentage, it could have been a group of drunk teenagers running about screaming with not one dog in site, either way its shocking and most folk need to learn the countryside rules before they attempt to walk the land.

either way its shocking and most folk need to learn the countryside rules before they attempt to walk the land.

------:iagree:

Do you mean there are organized trips for townies and their dogs to the countryside specifically for the purpose of killing sheep?

Knowing some of the people I know that live in that area. that is exactly what I am saying HM.

The local police will have an idea who the people are but they need to get proof before they arrest. There are groups of local people that enjoy sheep worrying and they don't just use dogs there have been cases lately of sheep killed by 4x4 drivers by running them into fences, hedges and ponds, and they do it just for the fun of it.

Just started lambing round here, wife has been out helping with it all day, and the first night for one of my sons who does the night time lambing from 10pm until 8am.

Subject covered on Countryfile on Sunday, shocking as it is, is this a bit of a coincidence?
My thoughts exactly . There is no excuse for having dogs off lead either . There are good quality extending leads that give plenty of freedom but keep you in control if need be .

It all boils down to these thickoes convinced by certain groups that 'right to roam' means you can wander over anyone's and everyone's land without a thought for consequences or other countryside users.

For some reason it does not make sense too me, i have worked with sheep for many years and i also done lot's of lambing.
If dog's mauled none and none where taken, it was rather the northern lights or Aliens, it just does not make sense.
Get the FBI in they might find out what happened .

Nothing worst than enjoying a few hours on the river and some nutter walking the dog throws a ball in the river, I just pack up my tackle and go home, you cannot reason with these people they just think they have the right but I pay for the right and terms and conditions of that right is to respect the Countryside. I have nothing against dogs only their owners.

It all boils down to these thickoes convinced by certain groups that 'right to roam' means you can wander over anyone's and everyone's land without a thought for consequences or other countryside users.

What is worse is when these clots are also arming themselves with high powered air guns to take a pop at any bunnies they may happen upon!

Nos da

What is worse is when these clots are also arming themselves with high powered air guns to take a pop at any bunnies they may happen upon!

Nos da

that's simple - phone the grunters and tell them someone's wandering around waving a gun - just make csure any sheep that may be cspooked by a heliocopter are put somewhere safe :D

Do they come out from the towns or have they moved out from the towns to live "the Country life"?

Mostly Idiots in either case.

Had a bunch in our village, plenty of money, walked their dog twice a day, no lead, no poo bags, regularly cleaned the housemartin's nests from the front of their house Spring & Summer.

But "loved being one with the countryside"!

Oh and on the parish council!

I doubt there are any with high powered air rifles, unless they have a FAC, the land owners permission, and the land is passed for use of such rifles, legal limit without a FAC is only 12ftlbs.

This is a high powered air rifle.....the worlds most powerful production air rifle....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b2kMyMLEBA

Latest posts

Back