SHB arrives in France?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The strange thing about this rumour is that Argentina doesn't have SHB. Nevertheless, I enquired through my network whether there was any substance to it. Until I receive a response, I am treating the whole thing as untrue. I understand that people may prefer to block queen importation for their own reasons, but, I have no doubt that beekeeping would be a lot worse off without them.

I received the reply I was waiting for. The rumour is completely false.

"I was informed by the head of the French reference Laboratory that the rumour is false.
Best Regards,

Bram"

Last edited:
I received the reply I was waiting for. The rumour is completely false.

"I was informed by the head of the French reference Laboratory that the rumour is false.
Best Regards,

Bram"

:winner1st:

Talking of fake news there is an excellent parody of The Donald set to talking heads' once in a lifetime, doing the rounds.

SDM - I wasn't referring to the distance between England and France, but Argentina and France. There are so many examples of introductions of non native species that cause huge problems that I'm astonished folk value getting a better honey crop above the well being of the insect producing it.

There are so many examples of introductions of non native species that cause huge problems that I'm astonished folk value getting a better honey crop above the well being of the insect producing it.

There is just so much wrong with that statement that I hardly know where to begin:
1. Which non-native species are you refering to?
2. What "huge problems" are you refering to?
3. In what way are you qualified to judge what folk value?
4. How does an increased honey crop reduce the "well being" of honeybee colonies?

I'm sure there is more to question in there, but, I got bored with yet another pile of tripe.

There is just so much wrong with that statement that I hardly know where to begin:
4. How does an increased honey crop reduce the "well being" of honeybee colonies?

I'm sure there is more to question in there, but, I got bored with yet another pile of tripe.

Sorry to bore you B+
Your questions don't merit answering, but I'll refrain from insulting your opinion.

Varroa? That would answer 1 and 2.

Sorry to bore you B+
Your questions don't merit answering, but I'll refrain from insulting your opinion.

If you want to draw parallels between improved performance in honeybees and Non-native organisms, I'd be intrigued to hear how you come to that conclusion. The way you stated it was nonsense.

I'm astonished folk value getting a better honey crop above the well being of the insect producing it.

Perhaps your naivety, but good healthy colonies of bees cannot help but bring in lots of honey. Oodles of honey is a bi-product of getting your bee husbandry right. Nowt to do with putting a honey crop above their well being.

SDM - I wasn't referring to the distance between England and France, but Argentina and France. There are so many examples of introductions of non native species that cause huge problems that I'm astonished folk value getting a better honey crop above the well being of the insect producing it.

There are also so many examples of the introduction of the native species in this country, that is why beekeepers choose the other option.
The native species also cause huge problems.
Find out what folk value, it is not the crop!
All beekeepers respect the well being of honeybees, native or non native.
I have both types same as Cheers.
The Cornish bee isn't widely available.

Wow , can't help you if you think honeybees are non native.

I stopped reading at "non native". You clearly have far more patience.

Perhaps your naivety, but good healthy colonies of bees cannot help but bring in lots of honey. Oodles of honey is a bi-product of getting your bee husbandry right. Nowt to do with putting a honey crop above their well being.

That may be so, but if the European honey bee hadn't been taken to Asia to produce a better honey crop, we wouldn't be struggling with varroa.

SDM - ....I'm astonished folk value getting a better honey crop above the well being of the insect producing it.

Remind me who on this forum posted that they value honey more than bees...

That may be so, but if the European honey bee hadn't been taken to Asia to produce a better honey crop, we wouldn't be struggling with varroa.

By taking bees to Asia, how was this the cause of varroa being introduced to the UK, did they fly back?
Even though there is speculation on the way varroa came to the UK, I don’t believe there is a confirmed route. Frankly, although a bloody nuisance, I don’t find varroa a major problem, just have to aware of its presence and treat accordingly
S

Latest posts

Back