Sending honey abroad

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meanwhile back to sanity

Stick several pounds into your hold baggage, or make sure that it;s sufficiently set to be indisputably not a liquid, if you must carry it in your hand luggage (why would you - planning to eat it on the flight perhaps?)

Sending by post, corrugated cardboard and gaffer tape are your friends.

Last edited:
T'ornes sell "jar safe" which is a polystyrene container in which to send honey.
(Unfortunately, they don't fit any of my jars but that's not the point).

Hello Guys

Im trying to figure out if I can send a jar of honey as a present to Palma, Majorca to a family member.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Im not sure the spanish government would allow it.

Any help would be brill.
Liza

You could try a "Honey Gram"....:)

Im trying to figure out if I can send a jar of honey as a present to Palma, Majorca to a family member.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Im not sure the spanish government would allow it.
EU regulations should cover any food sold in another EU member. It may be simplest to pack and label it as it would be for sale in the UK.

Might be worth considering getting a few plastic (PET?) jars, lighter (=cheaper) in the post as well as shatter proof. Otherwise the usual advice for heavy but breakable objects in the post. A few layers of bubble wrap around the item inside a rigid card box, that's what a lot of ebay sellers use.

Thanks guys. Yes I was going to send a glass jar in the post via royal mail to Palma. You can get polysterene containers that act like a insulator and also will keep the glass (fingers crossed) safe.

I can only give it a go. Lots of gaffa tape in my future!

Cheers guys. What a sheering lot of people you are. :mad:)

I could not resist.

Confused dot com!
Just been reading yet another article in 'the Daily Mail' extolling the virtues of Manuka honey . It also mentions clover and another couple of plant sources. The puzzling bit is reference to "ordinary honey" being no use as sterilisation is required to render it medical grade!
I can't imagine it's therapeutic qualities surviving sterilisation ?
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back