Selling Nucs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncorne

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Well, this years expansion was too much of a success, and I plan to sell at least one nuc off soon. I would rather not sell the box(es) though, after the hassle of buying and painiing - they feel like "mine" now!

What would be a reasonable price for a calm, 6-frame nuc with just the bees and the frames? Of course I realise there will be issues with delivery - but I'll assume the buyer will already have a hive ready to go.

Jc

As regards the nuc boxes- either sell them 'on the frame', ie buyer turns up with own box and transfers them frame by frame; or buy a correx travelling box to sell them in and add that to the price.

Fragile Planet correx box £13, looked OK (no personal interest)

Monday 20/06 - Away from base on business and client had a swarm descend on them. I contacted a local beek who collected (easy job from a bush). He used a 5 frame correx box from the above supplier. Looked pretty good as a stop gap / transport device.

Observations:
Entrance was on the side and had to be taped over to close, no the best.
The ends are double layered and give some harbourage outside of the container (not good for for swarm capture, fine for transport)
Good ventilation for transport purposes.

Back