salmon died but the sea trout lived through it.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In this neck of the woods, if the Swansea barrage goes ahead there will be fewer and fewer salmon and sewin to worry about as the population gets progressively minced by the turbines...and others lose their way while trying to find the way "home". Rather ironic after all the efforts to clean the rivers up and get these fish back.

In this neck of the woods, if the Swansea barrage goes ahead there will be fewer and fewer salmon and sewin to worry about as the population gets progressively minced by the turbines...and others lose their way while trying to find the way "home". Rather ironic after all the efforts to clean the rivers up and get these fish back.

A variant of the Pitlochry fish ladder should not be beyond the capabilites of a decent engineering designer.

A variant of the Pitlochry fish ladder should not be beyond the capabilites of a decent engineering designer.

Not many salmon or sewin use the fish pass ladder, they wait until its full tide and leap the barrage, those who can't be bothered end up running a nearby river

The barrage has been there for over twenty years and the fish are fine. If you are talking about the proposed new lagoon then you have been listening to a load of rubbish spoken by someone who hasn't a clue about what he's talking about

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Yes, sorry, I meant the lagoon. The company's own figures acknowledge fish would be minced in the turbines. The discussion now is to whether TLSB or NRW have produced the most accurate figures regarding how the lagoon will affect fish stocks.

I don't like it, but I know whose figures I would be most inclined to doubt...

The discussion now is to whether TLSB or NRW have produced the most accurate figures regarding how the lagoon will affect fish stocks.

I don't like it, but I know whose figures I would be most inclined to doubt...

So do I - NRW - an organisation totally not fit for purpose. They have the same 'experts' as EAW previously and NRA before. Their calculations and forecasts in the past have been so off target as to be worthless. The crowd they have in charge now are worse than useless. From long dealings with them I have no confience in them whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back