Rugby

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I’ve had better starts to the weekend!!!! Epic from SA

on the bright side we came second which isn't bad!
Glass half full!
e

and you beat us!

Great game Union and great tournament...really enjoyed it.

I’ve got an SA passport some place better go dust it off!!

There were plenty of memorable moments

The scrummaging, the tries by the two wings, the impacts that resulted
in more than one SA player leaving the field..

But the rugby gods were against us once Sinckler left the field in the first 3 minutes
as we then had to wait until Marler was on to win scrums instead of being
penalised for them.

On the day the best team won, but I know we are the better team. 2nd is a damn sight better than any other Northern Hemisphere team could achieve

Swing Low !

Regards

S

There were plenty of memorable moments

The scrummaging, the tries by the two wings, the impacts that resulted
in more than one SA player leaving the field..

But the rugby gods were against us once Sinckler left the field in the first 3 minutes
as we then had to wait until Marler was on to win scrums instead of being
penalised for them.

On the day the best team won, but I know we are the better team. 2nd is a damn sight better than any other Northern Hemisphere team could achieve

Swing Low !

Regards

S

Too true.
Well beaten on the day and a great shame we didn't turn up to make a proper contest of it.
It can't have helped that England needed to beat Australia, NZ and S.Africa over 3weeks.
S.Africas trip to the final was a lot easier..
Can't feel too bad seeing the first black S.African capt. Lifting the trophy. Big credit to the Japanese for making every team feel like they were playing at home ( unless facing japan)

Too true.
Well beaten on the day and a great shame we didn't turn up to make a proper contest of it.
It can't have helped that England needed to beat Australia, NZ and S.Africa over 3weeks.
S.Africas trip to the final was a lot easier..
Can't feel too bad seeing the first black S.African capt. Lifting the trophy. Big credit to the Japanese for making every team feel like they were playing at home ( unless facing japan)
Couldn't be further from the truth.
Imagine the difference if the typhoon hadn't happened (the lowest point of the tournament for me was Eddie Jones smiling and congratulating his team for escaping playing France, brushing over the fact that over 80 people lost their lives, what a cock!) France would have further tired England while the Italians would have given the all blacks a test. England had an easy ride to the final apart from their magnificent win against NZ.
The highlight of the tournament for me was Japan showing us there's another way to play.
Worth noting the eventual winners were within a kick of not making it against Wales despite being able to blow England away, if England didn't underestimate Wales so much they might have stopped congratulating themselves over their semi and looked at what a test the other semi was and what was in store for them.

Great world cup, really enjoyed it and SA worthy winners.
The best phases of attacking rugby came from Japan, Fiji and France imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't be further from the truth.
Imagine the difference if the typhoon hadn't happened (the lowest point of the tournament for me was Eddie Jones smiling and congratulating his team for escaping playing France, brushing over the fact that over 80 people lost their lives, what a cock!) France would have further tired England while the Italians would have given the all blacks a test. England had an easy ride to the final apart from their magnificent win against NZ.
The highlight of the tournament for me was Japan showing us there's another way to play.
Worth noting the eventual winners were within a kick of not making it against Wales despite being able to blow England away, if England didn't underestimate Wales so much they might have stopped congratulating themselves over their semi and looked at what a test the other semi was and what was in store for them.

Great world cup, really enjoyed it and SA worthy winners.
The best phases of attacking rugby came from Japan, Fiji and France imho.

:iagree:

Have to agree about the typhoon, I thought France looked much fresher than Wales in the quarters.
It was a slog against the boks, but we gifted them their winning penalty and just as we were gaining the upper hand, too. I was quite surprised, I thought England were going to win but it was never going to happen as they were totally neutered, never looked like crossing the line.
@ mbc
Spot on with Eddie Jones. He's Australian, what else would you expect? ;)

This business with the medals should be addressed, IMO.
Totally disrespectful to the hosts of a wonderful tournament. Never mind fining England for stepping over the line while the all blacks do a little dance, fine both teams for the ungracious way they behaved during the ceremony.

France would have further tired England while the Italians would have given the all blacks a test.

PMSL, yeah the kiwis would have had their fitness tested running in the first triple digit score of the world cup.
Seems you missed the record defeat a pathetic French team suffered to England already this year. Not that they've provided much challenge to anyone recently

England had an easy ride to the final apart from their magnificent win against NZ.

Is this part of your new stand-up comedy set ? Wales have beaten Australia twice in 20 meetings and you think that's the easy route.p

Worth noting the eventual winners were within a kick of not making it against Wale this s despite being able to blow England away, if England didn't underestimate Wales so much they might have stpopped congratulating themselves over their semi and looked at what a test the other semi was and what was in store for them.
Typical arrogant hubris.

Perhaps in Wales you hadn't noticed S.Africa winning the rugby championship. You actually believe they thought the game won And that it affected preparation lol.

My keen walrus senses have detected that it is very unlikely that Welsh and English rugby fans will ever do anything than slag each other off. Not sure there is much point continuing, so get yer insults in quick before I close the thread!

I honestly thought England would take them apart, posted that the England semi should have been the final.
I was surprised South Africa did a better job on England than they did against Wales. I was routing for England against Australia (I was laughing my head off in that match) and also versus New Zealand and the Boks.

Something should be done about the ceremony disgrace, both All Blacks and England showed how not to be gracious in defeat, take it on the chin and accept that's what happens in sport. One thing to aim for the top but when you fall short, you accept it and conduct yourself with dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back